Author Topic: "GAME USA Color"  (Read 4628 times)

synt4x

• View Profile
"GAME USA Color"
« on: June 10, 2012, 12:57:53 PM »
I just heard about this place. I'm not good with wikis though, but I have some info on two multicart pirates I bought last year. Perhaps someone can add it to the wiki if they have time.

I've seen other carts of this... brand (Game USA Color) on the internet, so it seems it's a series of carts.

The first cartridge is called "SUPER MARIO PARTY". It's a 12 in 1 cartridge and it has some sort of code on it: UC-12B01
The games on the menu screen are as follows:
  • Super Mario Land 7 (The title says Super Mario World 7 and it appears to be a hack of some Adventure Island game.
  • Wario Blast
  • Super Mario 4
  • Super Mario Land
  • Mario & Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Snow Bros. JR
  • Pac-Man
  • Tetris
  • Super Mario Land 6 (Actually just Super Mario World 7 again)
  • Super Mario 5 (Actually just Super Mario 4 again)
  • Super Mario Land 3 (Actually just Super Mario Land again)
So not a very interesting cart perhaps. And it has some doubles. All the games except for SML7, SM4, SML6 and SM5 are unaltered pirates of the original games. Also on the menu screen there are chinese characters on the bottom which display the title of the game in chinese. Oh and none of the games are in color, despite the name Game USA Color.

But now for the interesting one. This one is called "POKEMON PARTY" and has the code UC-33H03. It's a 33 in 1 cartridge. It proudly proclaims "No repeat" on the label, indicating that all 33 games are unique. And they actually are! What is really interesting about it though is that it contains every Pokémon game from Green up to Gold/Silver. But it's apparent that it was released sometime between the Japanese and US/Western release of G/S, because they're obviously the Japanese versions of G/S but badly translated. It's the same deal with PKMN Green since that was never released outside of Japan. The other games seem to be rips of the English language releases because the text is identical to the actual real game cartridges.

Sadly, to fit all the games on the cartridge they've stripped out ALL the battle sprites, as well as some other sprites like the trainers and Prof. Oak. Instead it's just a big square displayed in its place. This makes Gold/Silver highly unstable and buggy. Sometimes when you battle a pokémon and successfully drain its health, the healthbar goes below 0, or sometimes goes up a bit again, and the battle just continues endlessly. The games prior to Gold/Silver seems to work fine except for no battle sprites. I've not gotten very far into any of the games because sadly the battery seems to be dead. Or maybe there simply isn't a battery on the PCB, I've been unable to open up the cartridge because it appears to be glued shut. It displays a "Memory option" that lets you select from 3 save files when selecting a game that has save functionality though.

Anyway, here are the games (in the order and as they're named on the menu screen, sometimes the name is cut a bit to fit on one line):
  • Pokemon Golden
  • Pokemon Silver
  • Pokemon Adventure (Some sort of romhack of a platform game. Starts with an intro displaying pages of the Gold/Silver Pokedex for some reason)
  • Pokemon Yellow
  • Pokemon Red
  • Pokemon Blue
  • Pokemon Green
  • Pokemon GoGoGo (Romhack of The Smurfs with Pikachu as the playable character)
  • Mario Land 7 (Super Mario World 7 again)
  • ISS Soccer
  • Side Pocketr (it actually says "pocketr". It's just Side Pocket Vs from Data East though)
  • Snoopy
  • Spider Man
  • Wizards Warrio (It's the "Fortress of Fear" W&W game)
  • Burai Fighter
  • Castlevania AD (Yup, Castlevania Adventure)
  • Duck Tales
  • Yossy no tamago (It's the Mario & Yoshi puzzle game, but the japanese version for some reason)
  • Asteroids
  • Bomber Jack
  • Boxxle
  • Boxxle 2
  • Castelian
  • Centipede
  • Crystal Quest
  • World Bowling
  • Flipull
  • Heiankyo Alien
  • Loopz
  • Pop Up
  • Shanghai
  • Tesserae
  • Tetris
So mostly simple games. But at least they're all unique. :P
And pretty impressive that they managed to fit all the pokemon games on there, though who knows if it's the whole games or not. Both cartridges use the same kind of menu screen btw.

I took some photos of the carts and on the menu and some of the games which can be found here. Warning though, the photos are huge. Feel free to use them on the wiki as you please. The pictures of the cartridges have a cartridge of Link's Awakening DX next to them to show the difference between the plastic and design on the real cart and the pirates. And sorry about the depth of field (which makes it a little blurry) on the upper parts of the photos. I think it should be fine though.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 01:00:45 PM by synt4x »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
"GAME USA Color"
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 01:29:34 PM »
That 33 in 1 sounds a lot like a 25 in 1 cart I have; it has 3 save slots and 8 Pokémon games. (A couple of them are different though) Last time I checked, the save function worked fine on that one. I also don't recall there being glitchy sprites in the Pokémon games.

Also worth pointing out that Pokémon Adventure is actually a pirate original by Yong Yong, hence why it's so bloody awful. :P

synt4x

• View Profile
"GAME USA Color"
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 02:53:21 PM »
Aha so it's a pirate original huh? I suppose that explains the random intro somewhat. And yeah I think I wasn't even able to finish the first level before I quit in boredom lol.

And here you can see what I mean with the battle sprites. All the sprites look like that. Also note the hilarious translation. xD
http://synt4x.ath.cx/random/multicarts/3.green.jpg

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
"GAME USA Color"
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 05:15:54 PM »
I have a Game USA Color multicart too, its a 100 (or 101? dunno, I don't have it with me) in 1, and it never worked D: Judging from the box it has no repeats though. and a fair few of the games are homebrew.

My copy of Harry Potter 2 has a Game USA Color logo too, but I dunno if they're connected, it looks different.

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
"GAME USA Color"
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 07:15:20 PM »
Why couldn't the Pokémon Party cart have just Pokémon games!?  :pandamad:

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
"GAME USA Color"
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 11:53:28 AM »
Synt4x those multicarts were dumped. However goodroms.net the website that had them has been removed from the internet. Taizou i am interested in your harry potter 2 because it is still bbd's intro hack you are referring to. Not the level/music hack of harry potter 1 that is dumped already.