Author Topic: AV 7111 Composite Input Device (Unl hardware) ROM dump  (Read 3142 times)

Azathoth

• View Profile
AV 7111 Composite Input Device (Unl hardware) ROM dump
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:39:44 PM »
So here's my dump of the software that powers the AV 7111 Composite Input Device (Unlicensed Hardware) for Gameboy Advance.

Seems these aren't as common as they were a couple years ago. While the dump is useless to game players, it may prove interesting for those interested in the hardware side of the GBA system. These things are shaped like an elongated GBA cart with 3 RCA jacks on the end for composite video and stereo audio input. There's a 3.5mm headphone jack next to them to hook headphones into (no audio is passed through the GBA system) and your GBA or DS will display whatever you decide to hook up to it.

Strangely enough it won't work on the various clone/knockoff GBA systems, for whatever reasons.

Of course it doesn't do anything but display a blue screen and let you cycle through the display options if you load it in an emulator or flash cart, but I figured I'd back it up since I don't know of anyone dumping it previously. Hopefully it can prove useful to someone down the road.