Author Topic: never found bootlegs in italy :(  (Read 2813 times)

95girl

• View Profile
never found bootlegs in italy :(
« on: March 17, 2012, 01:38:09 PM »
Hi,i never found bootlegs in italy...i'm from potenza,basilicata region.i think bootlegs arrived in all parts of the world but i never phisycally saw them.Did you?

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »
In the UK I occasionally see Game Boy bootlegs and plug & play stuff... it's quite rare though.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 06:33:23 PM »
As far as I know, you're more likely to find bootleg stuff in Eastern Europe.

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 09:22:17 AM »
I live in Ohio, in the United States. While occasionally some bootlegged stuff pops up at a flea market, the real bootleg gold mine is New York City if you know the right places to look.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 09:33:33 AM »
Linkrulezall
Mar 18 2012, 09:22:17 AM
I live in Ohio, in the United States. While occasionally some bootlegged stuff pops up at a flea market, the real bootleg gold mine is New York City if you know the right places to look.[/quote]Chinatown? :P Unless I'm thinking of a different city.

Mind you, Turkey used to be (and might still be for all I know) full of bootleg Game Boy games and I think there used to be a fair few Famiclones in Spain.

Also, about a year ago I managed to find a 30 in 1 cart for the Game Boy in a local pawnbrokers.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 09:52:31 AM »
Linkrulezall
I live in Ohio, in the United States. While occasionally some bootlegged stuff pops up at a flea market, the real bootleg gold mine is New York City if you know the right places to look.[/quote]Well damn, I'll keep this in mind if I ever take another trip there.  Funnily enough it's not too far from where I live, it's just a bus ride away.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 10:04:34 AM »
Awesome Panda
Mar 18 2012, 09:33:33 AM
Linkrulezall
I live in Ohio, in the United States. While occasionally some bootlegged stuff pops up at a flea market, the real bootleg gold mine is New York City if you know the right places to look.[/quote]Chinatown? :P Unless I'm thinking of a different city.
[/quote]There is no China town in Ohio. :P (unless you're referring to NYC's Chinatown)

But yeah, bootlegs are hard to come by in the USA except for flea markets. Although I should peek around in NYC since Linkrulezall mentioned that. :o

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 01:42:04 PM »
Linkrulezall
I live in Ohio, in the United States. While occasionally some bootlegged stuff pops up at a flea market, the real bootleg gold mine is New York City if you know the right places to look.[/quote]Yeah I must not know the right places to look.  Several trips through NYC, including Chinatown, and I never managed to find anything.  Gotta keep this in mind though.  I'm from Pennsylvania, USA, and never found any bootleg stuff there, though I did find many an unlicensed NES cart.