Author Topic: Help with Super Game Lion King variants  (Read 2939 times)

Azathoth

• View Profile
Help with Super Game Lion King variants
« on: January 14, 2012, 11:40:53 PM »
I was browsing around the Wiki trying to find some info on these PocketNES GBA pirates I've got that are packaged with one ROM as a standalone game. I identified Super Aladdin II as using the variant of Super Game's Aladdin (Super Aladdin version) and then started looking at this Lion King game.

The game itself is Super Game's Lion King. The only versions of it I have are labeled Mapper 4 and Mapper 128 in the file name, neither of which are this one. This one replaces the Super Game logo on startup with "The Lion King III", then reverts to the regular title screen. I haven't played the game long enough to see if it is a hack of the original mapper 4 or 128, but might sometime soon.

Is this ROM version unique to this pirate, or has the "Lion King III" version been dumped already?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 05:41:52 AM »
I'm pretty sure that version hasn't been dumped yet. Also, if someone would do a hack of that game they'd go for the MMC3 version.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 09:27:17 AM »
Well it depends if PocketNES supports Mapper 128 - if it does, it wouldn't matter which version they hacked.

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 02:24:58 AM »
Didn't played long enough, huh? Grabbing a bug which should theorethically lead to bonus stage (after beating the hyena) is actually possible on the first level which is... not quite hard to beat.

Although I do have guesses on that this is the hack of the MMC3 (mapper 4) version due to the fact I've never seen PocketNES emulating mapper 128 yet.