Author Topic: Interesting stuff for sale elsewhere  (Read 151326 times)

guyzis

Re: Interesting stuff for sale elsewhere
« Reply #675 on: April 27, 2020, 12:28:54 PM »
English!? I think i can prepare myself for some Sintax-level madness.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #676 on: April 27, 2020, 12:40:41 PM »
Don't get too excited for hilarious translations. If there was one thing Good Life was good at, it was translating their games. They had by far the best English translations of any Bootleg GBC company (that I have seen).

guyzis

« Reply #677 on: April 27, 2020, 02:05:35 PM »
Aww. And I though Hummer's english was good. Heck, take a look at the YuYu Hakusho translation. It's great just needs some cleanup.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #678 on: May 09, 2020, 12:21:09 AM »
I found a weird flashcart thing on Ruten called a "GBC Emulator Card"

link

guyzis

« Reply #679 on: May 09, 2020, 02:32:55 PM »
Odd. It's  GBA cart being sold in the GBA part being labeled as GBC cart. I've seen some Sintax GBC carts in GBA shells, but since that carts transparent I wonder what games are on it.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #680 on: May 09, 2020, 06:16:55 PM »
Yeah, it definitely is a bit strange. The connector does look like on for a gba in the picture (though it is a little blurry) and those games do appear to be gbc titles, but the first gbc emulator for gba was, to my knowledge, Goomba (which was made in 2003, 4 years after this thing).

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #681 on: May 20, 2020, 04:59:50 PM »
I recently saw this on eBay. According to the game list it contains "Donkey Kong 4" and when it begins to start relisting games it calls it "Gorilla Land 3". It is probably nothing special, maybe just Donkey Kong Land 3, but I figured I'd mention it

guyzis

« Reply #682 on: May 26, 2020, 09:54:13 PM »
Yo, found a brazilian multicart with 300 or so gba games in 1. It has boxart for the real pokémon games but meh, i bet it's those pirate hacks on pocketNes. Lame.

https://www.enjoei.com.br/p/fita-com-varios-jogos-game-boy-advance-38767788?gclid=CjwKCAjw_LL2BRAkEiwAv2Y3SUsi27zQ2gC3AJgk90gf8kfBTwE3r70VSgZSvBKYQZszpYFKs8ZzyxoCcXMQAvD_BwE

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #683 on: May 27, 2020, 12:24:24 AM »
I have that same cart and box. There are a couple of pocketnes games and some Pokémon games, but most of the games just straight up don’t work. It does have a nice box though

guyzis

« Reply #684 on: May 30, 2020, 10:10:02 PM »
Hmm. Since you posted to me that huge GB rom pack last week, the rom for our dump (not that one you showed me) might be there. Once I have the time I'll check it the header name, too see what I can do.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #685 on: July 18, 2020, 01:19:37 PM »
For a long time there was a game on the Makon Soft page on the wiki called "Lord of the Rings". I never saw a source for it, and always assumed it was just more misinformation. Recently however, I saw a bid for a game with that name on eBay, and it has an ID number in the same style as seen on Makon games (Pokemon Sapphire/ Pokemon Ruby/Digimon Diamond). here it is.

Also, it has some sort of Harry Potter bootleg, but since there are multiple "Harry Potter 2" bootlegs, it is anyone's guess as to what that one is. It looks like the shell design for the LOTR and Harry Potter games are a bit different than normal (look at the triangle at the bottom of the cart). I think I have seen some multicarts that use a similar shell
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 01:22:51 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »

guyzis

« Reply #686 on: July 18, 2020, 05:15:35 PM »
Wait, wasn't that LOTR built off the same engine as Digimon?

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #687 on: July 18, 2020, 10:16:04 PM »
I have heard that, but I cannot confirm that. I honestly thought that it was just something people made up a long time ago, yet managed to stay on the wiki for years. Maybe there was a video of it or something a long time ago

Note: Based on what pictures are available, I think that Harry Potter 2 cart has the Vast Fame game on it, not the BBD game
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 10:19:26 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »

Shenznanjing5x3lefami

• I like prayers of heavenly chinese dragon spirits.
    • View Profile
    • Mountain of fire church
« Reply #688 on: July 19, 2020, 03:42:30 AM »
瓜瓜龍, even if the lord of the rings game is not a hack of a digimon game. It clearly is related to their pokemon sapphire game. Even the second level from the lord of the rings game and the first level from the pokemon sapphire game look the same.
Datakomainulionexcel3

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #689 on: July 19, 2020, 12:36:20 PM »
You sound like you have seen footage of this game. Could you leave a link to a video of it?