Author Topic: Lord of the Rings GBA from V.Fame  (Read 2373 times)

Barver

• View Profile
Lord of the Rings GBA from V.Fame
« on: August 24, 2010, 08:40:14 PM »
I was requested to take shots, even if my camera(which happens to be my cell) does a shit job at it. Well, I took a couple shots to show how bad I can take things =p

World Map

First Level, a desert. The series never goes to a desert, just like all the levels.

Lemme know if these seem good enough and you want more shots and I'll see if I can force myself to play through it. The game is honestly a bit boring, I remember wanting to fall asleep the whole way through when I first got it but persevered to the ending just so I don't have to start it all over again  :lol:

BTW one interesting thing to note is that the Sky League Team screenshots show a title screen that looks like it has a date of 2002. http://www.efgcw.com/?dp-bbsthread-1514.html

My copy says 2003 on the titlescreen. Not sure what to assume there, maybe there's an earlier variant that exists. Maybe this boxed copy is a pirate of a pirate?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:41:16 PM by Barver »

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 08:56:19 PM »
OK, even if it is boring, it's something that nobody other than Sky League seems to know exists. :)

What's the music like in it, anyway? Is it all GBC-style stuff, like in Rockman Crystal? New, or something that's been heard in an existing VFame game?

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 09:00:15 PM »
As far as I can tell it's all new music. But it is pretty much GBC quality.

BTW I'm not sure if anyone here saw my link to SkyLeague's Taobao shop, but they actually sell membership to their site. This assumingly includes links to all those ROMs that seem to be exclusive to their site. Anybody up for buying it? :P I'm assuming they possibly dumped this game since they have it on their site.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:01:17 PM by Barver »

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 12:05:21 PM »
Barver the 2002 version is probably just a title screen hack of the 2003 version you have. I think while everything else in the game stays in taiwanese. The 2002 version probably has the copy protection removed from it already.