Author Topic: Whirlwind Manu  (Read 6508 times)

Matias

• View Profile
Whirlwind Manu
« on: September 25, 2011, 04:25:31 AM »
I'm very interested to know some extra info about this - at least for me - misterious company? hacker? besides they/he hacked a heap of Famicom games. There's no so much info about Internet so if anybody could give me something more will be great.

Cheers!

Matias

• View Profile
Whirlwind Manu
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:58:14 AM »
Really? Nothing? :(

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Whirlwind Manu
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 11:23:29 AM »
I suppose there's not much to say. They're from Taiwan, active in the late 80s, early 90s... and nobody seems to know much more than that  :\
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:24:00 AM by Ninja-Kun »

MLX

• View Profile
Whirlwind Manu
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 01:08:04 PM »
NTDEC was Whirlwind Manu or they were really close to each others. I think W.M. disappeared when Nintendo sued NTDEC in 1993. But I could be wrong. There carts were sold in many many countries, for exemples: South Korea, South America, Europe, USA (for a short time), Russia, maybe Thailand and China. The board quality is random, sometimes it's well built with PROMs/EPROMs, other time it's cheap globtops.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Whirlwind Manu
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 04:01:15 PM »
The only thing I know about Whirlwind Manu (aside from the fact that they have no connection with Manchester United) is that they released pirate versions of many Famicom games and I think they did a few FDS conversions. The 52-in-1 by Supervision has a pirated version of Flappy which credits "Whirlwind Menu" on the title screen, but I don't know if the two companies are connected or if Supervision simply took that version for the hell of it.

Matias

• View Profile
Whirlwind Manu
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 11:47:02 PM »
Well, that's pretty good info. I didn't know they were from Taiwan, the board quality and that Supervision cart. Thanks!

dragon2snow

• View Profile
Whirlwind Manu
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 08:51:35 PM »
Whirlwind Manu,Kaiser FDS conversions
I am also missing four cassettes,Others have become DUMP ROM, are trying to run them

Parodius Duh

• View Profile
Whirlwind Manu
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 07:27:44 PM »
I know they ported quite a few Konami and Jaleco FDS titles......Armana No Kiseki, Meikyuu Jin Dababa, Ai Senshi Nicol, Monty no Doki Doki dai Dassou....

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Whirlwind Manu
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 07:58:27 PM »
Parodius Duh
Nov 10 2011, 07:27:44 PM
I know they ported quite a few Konami and Jaleco FDS titles......Armana No Kiseki, Meikyuu Jin Dababa, Ai Senshi Nicol, Monty no Doki Doki dai Dassou....[/quote]Funny you mention that, I actually got an FDS conversion of Bubble Bobble today that was made by them. As far as I can tell, it was released in South Korea so Whirlwind Manu apparently got around. :P

Welcome to the forum, BTW. :D

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
Whirlwind Manu
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 08:17:15 PM »
Parodius Duh
I know they ported quite a few Konami and Jaleco FDS titles......Armana No Kiseki, Meikyuu Jin Dababa, Ai Senshi Nicol, Monty no Doki Doki dai Dassou....[/quote]Hmm, thanks for the interesting info.

Welcome to the forum  :)

Parodius Duh

• View Profile
Whirlwind Manu
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 08:19:01 PM »
Cheetahmen
Nov 10 2011, 07:58:27 PM
Parodius Duh
I know they ported quite a few Konami and Jaleco FDS titles......Armana No Kiseki, Meikyuu Jin Dababa, Ai Senshi Nicol, Monty no Doki Doki dai Dassou....[/quote]Funny you mention that, I actually got an FDS conversion of Bubble Bobble today that was made by them. As far as I can tell, it was released in South Korea so Whirlwind Manu apparently got around. :P

Welcome to the forum, BTW. :D[/quote]Thanks Ill be sticking around for sure!  :D

Hmmm...I believe the majority of my Whirlwind Manu FDS ports came from Thailand and South Korea, I wonder what Country their carts were mostly sold originally?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Whirlwind Manu
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 08:40:15 PM »
Parodius Duh
Nov 10 2011, 08:19:01 PM
Hmmm...I believe the majority of my Whirlwind Manu FDS ports came from Thailand and South Korea, I wonder what Country their carts were mostly sold originally?[/quote]I'm guessing Taiwan, seeing as Famicom piracy was very popular over there in the late 80s.

dragon2snow

• View Profile
Whirlwind Manu
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 03:11:08 AM »
nesbbs have all rom fds to nes

Parodius Duh

• View Profile
Whirlwind Manu
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 03:45:27 AM »
yeah but its impossible to register and download roms there if you do not understand the language, even translating the page doesnt really help, its all just Engrish it turns into.