Author Topic: Super Trio (DOS)  (Read 2727 times)

Brn89

• View Profile
Super Trio (DOS)
« on: September 24, 2011, 07:23:20 AM »
This is a peculiar DOS game that one member of RX Community told us about, so I decided to post about it here. It's a game that looks very similar to Squirrel King (even the graphic style for it). You can get it and see other information about it here but, some people may not get it to work on DOSBox as it won't run on Windows XP or later, considering it's an old game.

If anyone can get it working, tell me what you think of it :P
>>mindsConnected<<
The next-generation tech forum.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Super Trio (DOS)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 06:33:06 PM »
From what I can tell, the developer of this game is Korean-- so no shared developers with any of the Squirrel King developers as far as I know. (Though I am curious if there's any overlap with Zemina or Daou...)

Apparently they also made an arcade game called Pasha Pasha 2. Assuming this is in fact the same DongSung, of course, and I don't see any reasons why it wouldn't be. (Also, their mascot looks like a lion version of Sonic the Hedgehog. :lol: )

Edit: Naturally, Pasha Pasha 2 is a sequel-- to a similar mini-game collection known as Got-Cha: Mini Game Festival. (The Korean version of which was titled Pasha Pasha, hence the title of the sequel.) And I didn't even notice, but the info page for Super Trio mentions that it was originally an arcade game-- so yeah, definitely the same company.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:39:05 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Super Trio (DOS)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 06:41:40 PM »
codeman38
Sep 24 2011, 06:33:06 PM
Apparently they also made an arcade game called Pasha Pasha 2. Assuming this is in fact the same DongSung, of course, and I don't see any reasons why it wouldn't be. (Also, their mascot looks like a lion version of Sonic the Hedgehog. :lol: )[/quote]I dunno; last time I checked, Sonic didn't wear a bow tie. :whistle: Also, the sound effect at the start of that plays constantly during the Pasha Pasha 2 video is obviously Homer Simpson, as if nobody would notice. /:)

Anyway, considering that Pasha Pasha 2 came out in 1998, and the two games mentioned here are the only ones known to be made by DongSung (as far as I know, at least) I think Squirrel King came first. I suspect that SK came out in 1993, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Super Trio (DOS)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 07:59:19 PM »
Funny that in the clothes mini-game of "Got-Cha" you can see Evangelion suits among all the underwear :P

Doomkid

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.ws/doomkid/
Super Trio (DOS)
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 09:48:51 PM »
Cheetahmen
Sep 24 2011, 06:41:40 PM
codeman38
Sep 24 2011, 06:33:06 PM
Apparently they also made an arcade game called Pasha Pasha 2. Assuming this is in fact the same DongSung, of course, and I don't see any reasons why it wouldn't be. (Also, their mascot looks like a lion version of Sonic the Hedgehog. :lol: )[/quote]I dunno; last time I checked, Sonic didn't wear a bow tie. :whistle: Also, the sound effect at the start of that plays constantly during the Pasha Pasha 2 video is obviously Homer Simpson, as if nobody would notice. /:[/quote]Wow, I think the screaming sound when you lose is an edited version o a death scream from Kill Bill.. but it's been looped to be even longer, so it's like "AAAahhAAAahhAAAahhAAAHHhhh.." at an obnoxiously loud volume.. It actually made me crack up because it was just so unexpected.. Could be used as random earrape in a YTP, that would be gold.