Author Topic: Pokémon Esmeralda - Spanish Pokémon Jade (Makon Soft)  (Read 185 times)

APM

• View Profile
Pokémon Esmeralda - Spanish Pokémon Jade (Makon Soft)
« on: April 12, 2024, 10:33:14 AM »
Hey guys, got another quick ROM dump release for you all. This time it's for the Spanish version of Makon Soft's Pokémon Jade (no relation to the Telefang hack of the same name), Pokémon Esmeralda (or "Pokémon - La Versión Esmeralda (Special Pikachu Edition)" on the box). I have Cris_Kaiju to thank for this one. This is simply a Spanish translation of their Pokémon themed Sonic Adventure 7 hack, featuring a new title and the story and transition screens translated into Spanish. I'm not sure if they fixed the bug that crashes Stage 1 upon completing it, but otherwise it's pretty much identical to the English version in terms of gameplay.

The raw dump currently only works on hhugboy if you set the unlicensed compatibility mode to "NT (Makon) new" before running it, or if you're using the latest version of mGBA (0.10.3), go to "Tools > Game overrides..." without a game running, and in the Game Boy tab, select "NT (new)" for the memory bank controller and select Save (this setting will reset when you restart the emulator, but just in case, reset the option back to "Autodetect" if you want to continue using other ROMs when you're done). No GBX version this time, sorry. I'd like to look at the cart PCB to exactly know what hardware it uses to create a GBX based on that for the most accuracy before releasing one. So far I haven't been able to find any pictures of it for Pokémon Esmeralda's cartridge, but if anyone is willing to provide pictures of the cart's PCB then I'll likely make a GBX ROM and add it here.

APM

• View Profile
Re: Pokémon Esmeralda - Spanish Pokémon Jade (Makon Soft)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 10:36:15 AM »
By the way, here's a picture of the box Pokemon Esmeralda came in from the dumper (Cris_Kaiju). Going by the price tag on the box I assume this game originally retailed for around 30-40€.