Author Topic: Nongoodnes  (Read 31225 times)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nongoodnes
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 03:24:41 PM »
Another random observation: the version of "Long Long Ago" in "Music Box (C)" (it's the third tune down) is the exact same one used in that Penalty Kick game that maxzhou88 helped develop.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty much certain that Music Box is by Inventor. Because the word "INVENT" is plastered across one of the backgrounds.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:25:30 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Nongoodnes
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 03:35:40 PM »
codeman38
Aug 18 2011, 03:24:41 PM
Edit: Also, I'm pretty much certain that Music Box is by Inventor. Because the word "INVENT" is plastered across one of the backgrounds.[/quote]I'd agree with that. Like Street Dance, it has the same fire-breathing bloke on the menu and the songs are repeated for no apparent reason. That, and both rip off existing characters for no apparent reason. :rolleyes:

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nongoodnes
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 05:06:25 PM »
Another thing: wow, those are horrible renditions of all five songs on Beat 'n Box.

For those who can't manage to recognize them even with the song titles-- which is quite understandable, as they barely sound like the originals at all save for a few notes here and there:

Take On Me - A-Ha
California Dreamin' - The Mamas and the Papas
Runaway - Del Shannon
Stand By Me - Ben E. King
Turn, Turn, Turn - The Byrds

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nongoodnes
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »
Meh, they're so badly remade that YNC or whoever might as well have just made up the names to look original. :P

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nongoodnes
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 05:15:48 PM »
More random trivia! Koko Adventure (I can't be bothered with the Korean phonetic spelling, heh) has a hidden logo for "Buzz & Spinner". Guess that's what they were going to call Suzi in the US before they replaced her with Waldog. They apparently were already planning on selling it to Innovation in the US at this point, as there's a hidden copyright notice in that same part of the CHR ROM.

(And yes, the Korean version did come first. Proof? If you disable the infinite-lives feature on Buzz & Waldog with a Game Genie code, Waldog's name is revealed to actually be Suzi on the game-over screen!)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:21:44 PM by codeman38 »

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
Nongoodnes
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 05:31:05 PM »
taizou
Aug 18 2011, 02:13:23 PM
the download keeps failing halfway on me x_x if anyone could reupload it somewhere else that'd be awesome.[/quote]Yes, it also happened to me, but now we're giving credit to Cheetahmen for the reupload... :D

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nongoodnes
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 05:35:20 PM »
What I find kind of odd is that both versions of the game have both the English and Korean titles in the ROM. (Well, the Korean version has the English title Buzz & Spinner but whatever)

BTW, is it just me or did 8-bit Korean games gradually decrease in quality from 1993 onwards? :huh:

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nongoodnes
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 05:38:25 PM »
Cheetahmen
Aug 18 2011, 05:35:20 PM
What I find kind of odd is that both versions of the game have both the English and Korean titles in the ROM. (Well, the Korean version has the English title Buzz & Spinner but whatever)

BTW, is it just me or did 8-bit Korean games gradually decrease in quality from 1993 onwards? :huh:[/quote]Sure seems like it. Wouldn't surprise me, though-- I'd imagine all the good developers left and started making PC games or something, and so the NES development teams became more and more bare-bones until there was hardly anyone left.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nongoodnes
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 05:45:35 PM »
codeman38
Aug 18 2011, 05:38:25 PM
Cheetahmen
Aug 18 2011, 05:35:20 PM

BTW, is it just me or did 8-bit Korean games gradually decrease in quality from 1993 onwards? :huh:[/quote]Sure seems like it. Wouldn't surprise me, though-- I'd imagine all the good developers left and started making PC games or something, and so the NES development teams became more and more bare-bones until there was hardly anyone left.[/quote]That'd make sense, given the rise of Korean MMOs from the late 90s onwards. I guess the more talented programmers figured that the Comboy (Famicom) and such was becoming obsolete at the time and figured it was a waste programming for it.

Veemon

• View Profile
Nongoodnes
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 06:51:37 PM »
I wanna try these games, but what emulator do you guys use to play these? I'm using Nestopia and most of the Nongoodnes games don't work, it keeps saying, "CPU Jam!"

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nongoodnes
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 06:52:47 PM »
Funny, I use NEStopia myself and all of the ones I tried seem to work apart from the FDS conversion of Zanac. I suppose CaH4e3's FCEU mod is probably the best thing for these ROMs.

Veemon

• View Profile
Nongoodnes
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 07:00:02 PM »
OK maybe it's not just my emulator, a lot of the ones on the first page don't work, does it do that with you? Like Wrecking Crew II? Btw so where can you get Cah4e3's FCEU mod?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nongoodnes
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »
Veemon
Aug 18 2011, 07:00:02 PM
OK maybe it's not just my emulator, a lot of the ones on the first page don't work, does it do that with you? Like Wrecking Crew II? Btw so where can you get Cah4e3's FCEU mod?[/quote]Well I didn't bother trying most of the hacks but I'd assume they they'd work on NEStopia. Here's the link, BTW.

Veemon

• View Profile
Nongoodnes
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 07:11:41 PM »
OK yeah I think I think it's just that a good amount of the games just don't work. I also found that a good amount of times they have the same games on the multiple times on the cart under different names. Like Mario 3 and Mario Bros 4 are the same as Mario Bros 1 except you cannot move at all. Also there's a Popeye game on it, is that their own creation?

Also thx for the link. :D

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Nongoodnes
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 08:12:01 PM »
I realized the pack included a homebrew law mowing game :P Like if we need more of these! However, this is better than Mowing by Nice Code without doubts. And the Lan Party game has excellent music.