Author Topic: Tons of new MD hacks  (Read 18206 times)

Azathoth

• View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 04:01:47 PM »
Not dumped yet are:
Smeshariki
Spongebob Squarepants
Kung Fu Panda 1
Tanks: New Battle
Biohazard 3

Veemon

• View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 05:37:00 PM »
OK wait, by Biohazard 3, do you mean like the Japanese name for Resident Evil?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 05:49:09 PM »
Veemon
Aug 19 2011, 05:37:00 PM
OK wait, by Biohazard 3, do you mean like the Japanese name for Resident Evil?[/quote]I think so. Then again, it's probably a hack of Biohazard Battle or whatever it's called.

Azathoth

• View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 05:49:47 PM »
Yep. No info about it other than it exists.

Barver

• View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 09:43:09 PM »
I was hoping they'd at least make a new sprite for each game. Woulda been neat if they had a well drawn Crash Bandicoot :/

Azathoth

• View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 12:58:30 AM »
Many of the ROM headers mention build dates around 2010, while others aren't altered at all from their original games.

Some of this shit is really, really lazy; like the Mafia game. They just did a palette swap on Dick Tracy and just blacked out the cutscenes. Makes me really appreciate Glorysun and Twin Eagle Group's "hard" work :) And why does Mafia's header info state it's  FOR B.M.B ? Is that just garbage or an acronym for a MD clone?

At least they put eyes on the windshields in Cars 2.

Some of it I can at least give credit for a bit of innovation; Fast 5 has new car sprites and works in a lot of shitty digitized art from the movie.

Veemon

• View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 01:32:54 AM »
Barver
Aug 19 2011, 09:43:09 PM
I was hoping they'd at least make a new sprite for each game. Woulda been neat if they had a well drawn Crash Bandicoot :/[/quote]Pirates put effort into a game? Yeah not their style. Although at least with Ice Age they did a weird sprite re-color of Awesome Possum. (Although he really doesn't look anything like Scrat and there's a grey spot that always appears on his stomach really briefly, don't if that's a piece of the old sprite left or something.)

@Azathoth & Cheetahmen: Well, I suppose what would be more likely? A pirate Resident Evil or Biohazard Battle?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, 04:22:43 AM »
Veemon
Aug 20 2011, 01:32:54 AM
@Azathoth & Cheetahmen: Well, I suppose what would be more likely? A pirate Resident Evil or Biohazard Battle? [/quote]To be honest, I haven't got a clue.

Brn89

• View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2011, 04:47:06 AM »
Azathoth
Aug 19 2011, 04:01:47 PM
Not dumped yet are:
Smeshariki
Spongebob Squarepants
Kung Fu Panda 1
Biohazard 3[/quote]I wonder if any of these are all petty hacks, or some of them being pirate originals...
>>mindsConnected<<
The next-generation tech forum.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, 04:53:46 AM »
BrydoRX
Aug 20 2011, 04:47:06 AM
Azathoth
Aug 19 2011, 04:01:47 PM
Not dumped yet are:
Smeshariki
Spongebob Squarepants
Kung Fu Panda 1
Biohazard 3[/quote]I wonder if any of these are all petty hacks, or some of them being pirate originals...[/quote]I'm pretty sure all of them (with the possible exception of Tanks) is a hack of an existing game. Then again, I haven't got a clue what Smeshariki is. :P

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »
Smeshariki is a Russian cartoon, known as GoGoRiki in English. The Mega Drive game is probably a hack, given that all the other cartoon-based Russian games are...

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 11:19:17 AM »
codeman38
Aug 20 2011, 11:12:35 AM
Smeshariki is a Russian cartoon, known as GoGoRiki in English. The Mega Drive game is probably a hack, given that all the other cartoon-based Russian games are...[/quote]Unless you count Famicom games, given that Wait and See! is a pirate original. That said, I'm pretty sure the game in question is a hack.

Veemon

• View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2011, 04:17:14 PM »
Cheetahmen
Aug 20 2011, 04:22:43 AM
Veemon
@Azathoth & Cheetahmen: Well, I suppose what would be more likely? A pirate Resident Evil or Biohazard Battle? [/quote]To be honest, I haven't got a clue.[/quote]Yeah I don't know either lol. :lol: I'm kinda curious what Spongebob Squarepants is...Probably a hack, but we'd be lucky if we got a least a sprite hack from this one. Otherwise their usual lazy hack the title=new game routine. But then I wonder what they'd hack and call Spongebob...Maybe Spot? Don't know, just guessing because a lot of the levels have some kind of water/beach theme.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2011, 04:25:54 PM »
Veemon
Aug 20 2011, 04:17:14 PM
Cheetahmen
Aug 20 2011, 04:22:43 AM
Veemon
@Azathoth & Cheetahmen: Well, I suppose what would be more likely? A pirate Resident Evil or Biohazard Battle? [/quote]To be honest, I haven't got a clue.[/quote]Yeah I don't know either lol. :lol: I'm kinda curious what Spongebob Squarepants is...Probably a hack, but we'd be lucky if we got a least a sprite hack from this one. Otherwise their usual lazy hack the title=new game routine. But then I wonder what they'd hack and call Spongebob...Maybe Spot? Don't know, just guessing because a lot of the levels have some kind of water/beach theme.[/quote]Probably, but I'm gonna guess Crue Ball because I know it's not that. :P

Veemon

• View Profile
Tons of new MD hacks
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2011, 09:37:06 PM »
Yeah but then again they could hack something completely irrelevant and say it's Spongebob, maybe they'll hack Mortal Kombat...Now that'd be awesome!  :lol:  :lol: