Author Topic: A Bug's Life  (Read 4571 times)

djshok

• View Profile
A Bug's Life
« on: August 18, 2011, 10:21:49 AM »
Is it known or suspected at least who developed this one?

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A Bug's Life
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 10:27:32 AM »
About as much as we know is that it's somebody with connections to Gamtec/Chuanpu, but nothing really more specific than that.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
A Bug's Life
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 10:28:12 AM »
I forget who the developer is, but I think it's whoever did Pocket Monster on the Mega Drive.

djshok

• View Profile
A Bug's Life
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 08:36:10 PM »
So, has anyone ever beat this game legitimately? Is it beatable?  

I'm stuck on this part:

It's in level 3 or 4.  There's no way to make that jump and there's not enough room on the starting leaf to do a running jump.  
Thoughts?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
A Bug's Life
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 05:16:26 AM »
I've never beaten the game myself, but I know SpaceNinja posted the ending to it at some point or another.

djshok

• View Profile
A Bug's Life
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 10:26:39 AM »
Well, a very helpful dude over at Sega-16 created some Game Genie cheats for this game that make you jump higher, thus making the game a lot more playable.  The jumping animation gets a little screwed up, but at least the game can actually be enjoyed all the way through now.  Here are the codes:

WCYA-CACW
Jump much higher while standing still

WCZA-CAE0
Jump much higher while running.

Note that the first code will glitch the first level, you'll just fall through the floor at a certain point.  So just use the second code.  There's really no need to have both of them enabled anyway.

Azathoth

• View Profile
A Bug's Life
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 07:58:04 PM »
Woah, thanks for posting these. I haven't had a chance to try them out yet but I will soon.

The jump you mentioned before, is it the same in the SNES version? I could never force myself to play that version far enough to see if it was the same.

djshok

• View Profile
A Bug's Life
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 10:26:02 AM »
I don't know about the SNES version, that port is so broken I never made it past the first level lol.  Though given how bad the controls are I don't think it's possible to even get that far.  The Sega version is WAAAAAY better.  And with with the jump codes it's actually beatable.  That game has a surprisingly well made ending.  I'm gonna see about hacking the jump code into the rom.  The only thing that bugs me about it is how it screws up the jump animation a bit.

Yoni Arousement

• View Profile
    • http://yonihq.blogspot.com
A Bug's Life
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »
I use this program and a Hex Editor to patch Game Genie codes.

Raistlin

• View Profile
A Bug's Life
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 11:34:21 AM »
This game is beatable without the jump fix. (BTW: There actually IS enough room on the leaf pictured above to make a running jump.) I have the cart and beat it 3 times yesterday. But the ending isn't working. The screen crashes and then it is full of numbers. I tried it on fusion but here it works. So has my cart some flaws or does the ending not work on real hardware?
Did anybody finished that one too to confirm this?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:36:43 AM by Raistlin »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
A Bug's Life
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 04:30:43 PM »
do you know if your cart is an original or a later reprint? if it's a reprint there might be copy protection issues I guess.