Author Topic: Digimon Ruby(Aka Digimon Rury)(GBA)  (Read 9289 times)

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Digimon Ruby(Aka Digimon Rury)(GBA)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 08:07:38 AM »
I don't think Vast Fame screwed up - my copy of Rury saves fine. More likely whoever was reprinting it screwed up in their attempts to crack the copy protection (same as with Sapphire).

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 09:04:08 AM »
It saved fine from the minute you got it, or did you have to replace the battery? All I know is I used to have the original Taiwan cartridge and it didn't save either, so all of this talk just gave me the impression all carts are screwed like that.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 12:18:41 PM »
Yeah, I had to replace the battery, but that's nothing to do with the game's coding or anything - it's just the usual problem of bootleg GBA carts using cheap batteries that don't last very long. Worked fine after that.

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 04:31:04 AM »
Looks as if I have dumped a working copy of the English version of Ruby from one of the cracked reprint carts. I have to double check it to make sure the save feature works correctly.

Like was mentioned before I don't know if it was the copy protection or the method to defeat it (or a combination of both) the savegame feature of both Ruby and Sapphire is messed up. I'm thinking that Ruby shouldn't have the weird variety of bugs that Sapphire did because it doesn't have an auto save at points, it only has the manual save from the menu. I noticed on the actual cartridges that even though they save correctly there is no way to save/load SRAM like you normally can with dumpers or dumping software. On my USB dumper it actually crashes the program, and on the dumping software used on DS the save type is listed as "unknown" and the option to save or write SRAM isn't even present.

crunchwrap supreme

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 08:22:37 PM »
Risked danger at the world of the digimon to evolve! Two-fisted! and digimon together risk danger!!v

http://s4.zetaboards.com/PGC_Forums?topic=9237615/1/

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 04:46:48 AM »
I'm really sorry for bumping this thread guys, but it's REALLY important (maybe).
Okay, this mornin I thought "Hey I'm bored. Let's lol at some engrish!!".
I stuck in my Rury cart, and guess what I see? (well hear)...
"...Cracktro music?!" (or something that sounds like its from an action movie)
Guys, I think the game was either already dumped by someone BEFORE the reprints, or my carts 'died' :'(
I'll make a video ASAP!