Author Topic: Shi Kong Xing Shou - Galactic Beasts/Space Time Star Beast  (Read 50877 times)

MefistaCenobica

• View Profile
Shi Kong Xing Shou - Galactic Beasts/Space Time Star Beast
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2018, 11:00:39 PM »
I keep forgetting what it's called ^^' But it regenerated my monster instead of him, which was hela convenient.

MefistaCenobica

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2018, 07:34:46 PM »
I found one more glitch - accidentally, and it frustrated me real strong cause I saved over beforehands T_T I may be forgetting a detail or two.

Basically, if you have a monster with Transform, use it to fight a wild "ditto", and is faster than it, so you transform into it, so it can only copy itself, then switch monsters, so the "ditto" copies it instead, and then switch back and kill the copy (in my case, I had a dragon use Transform, switched to robot, "ditto" became a robot, I recalled the dragon and offed it), your first monster will get the moveset of the second one, and second one would get "ditto"'s moveset and only know Transform now.

Also, if your second monster gets killed, you'll wind up with both it and the first one getting "ditto"'s moveset - this will also happen if you don't fight "ditto", but other monster you transform into, then switch transformer away.

I think it's caused by that thing assigned to "ditto" where it gets the moves of what it was transformed into at the moment you happen to catch it. Guess this game has the same "everyone who uses Transform is Ditto" hangup gen1 Pokemon games have.

Basically, don't Transform and switch monsters, folks.

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2018, 10:52:43 AM »
MefistaCenobica // Thank you for discovering more glitches. Is this glitch also presented in fixed version?
Favorite Bootleg Games
* Vast Fame RPGS(Shi Kong Xing Shou, Shui Hu Shen Shou, Xin Feng Shen Bang)
(Unofficial Walkthroughs are on hold)

MefistaCenobica

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2018, 08:26:57 AM »
I am playing the fixed header version (not glitch-hunting, just playing - btw, is there really a way to keep Mitt alive?), so yes, it is in there. I succesfully used it to pass the moveset from a boxed monster to my main-team one who've got his rewritten with just Trasform after initial glitch (he learned a move from his normal set after level-up, tho - so now my boxed monster has Transform and this move).

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2018, 09:02:22 AM »
MefistaCenobica // I'll check it out later.

By the way, YES - Mitt can be saved. (I found the method from official walkthrough and it worked.) :)
Spoiler: click to toggle
Favorite Bootleg Games

MefistaCenobica

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2018, 10:48:54 AM »
I hope tis glitch would be of use ^^

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2018, 12:27:01 PM »
MefistaCenobica // I'm going to figure out glitches on raw dumped version, too.
Favorite Bootleg Games

MefistaCenobica

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2018, 12:31:00 PM »
Thank you ^^

MefistaCenobica

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2018, 06:56:32 AM »
I found one more glitch, not very harmfull, but irritating (prevented my Dravile from learning Laser).

Basically, if your monster who battled while using Transform levels up post-battle, you'll see the transformed form's moveset instead of normal one, and any new move you'll try to write there won't appear at all (neither normally, nor if you transform your monster into that one once more).

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2018, 09:25:22 AM »
It is sure that Transform makes a lot of glitches - SHSS does similar.
Favorite Bootleg Games

MefistaCenobica

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2018, 09:52:54 AM »
I would try remembering that when I'll play SHSS ^^'

Anyway, this glitch left me damn mad, cause my Dravile only knows 3 moves right now (as I've passed its moveset onto an auxillary monster using that other Transform glitch, so it only knows Transform+two TMs), and I needed that Lazer...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:53:32 AM by MefistaCenobica »

Sink Penol

• View Profile
Re: Shi Kong Xing Shou - Galactic Beasts/Space Time Star Beast
« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2018, 07:56:57 AM »
Necro-Threading.

I recently found a Google Plus post who is interested in SKXS - https://plus.google.com/+KrisKagurasBizzareGooglePlusProfile/posts/9JVNnFgQiTp
This post shows main protagonists of SKXS and introducing them somewhat weird.
My opinion about the post:
* Baroque/Ballot - Yeah, He can be considered as a bootleg of Taichi in Digimon Series.
* Buck - Well, it seems that the poster missed the fact that he is a robot…. :\
* Nina - Is 'Aerith' meaning Aerith Gainsborough in <Final Fantasy VII>? Well, they don't resemble at all. Their only connection is - They're related with plant.
* Claude - I laughed for a while - Kyo Kusanagi?! And Chromanix's type is fire. What a coincidence!
* Helen - She's not wearing kimono - Similar-looking clothes like Nina.
* Lante - No reply on himself, and nice naming for Muserode as 'DJ Wisp.'
* Lloyd - He's sure genius, but not a boy - a young man.
* Mitt - No reply to him and Drawvile.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:05:34 AM by Sink Penol »
Favorite Bootleg Games

leeseongjae620

• HELLO!
    • View Profile
    • LSJ620 DeviantART
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2021, 02:57:59 AM »
GBS Ripped WIP

WaddleBih

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2021, 02:03:35 PM »
Does anyone have some precise ideas of how SKXS's battle system works? I've picked up the game again recently and decided to try and make a table type for it, but it's been barely 5 battles and I'm already completely stumped.
Situation is simple: I'm in an early game situation, with all monsters in my party (Mechanical Bird [Buck's partner monster], Biting Fruit and Tree Spirit)  knowing the move "Hit" (that default Fighting-type move all early-game monsters seem to have).
I encounter the flying-type blue unicorn thing on the route between Tech City and Crystal Village (which also knows Hit). Then I use Hit with Mechanical Bird, the game displays a message translating as something like "It's super effective". Okay, why not. The unicorn monster also uses it on my monster. The game displays something along the lines of "It's not effective". Okay, weird, but maybe the game displays different strings depending on whether it's a player attack or enemy attack.
So I switch to the Tree Spirit, use Hit again, and this time "It's normally effective" gets displayed. Now I'm starting to get confused. Is there some kind of STAB like in Pokémon? Does effectiveness change depending on which type uses it? Are there hidden "attribute affinities"? So for a last test, I switch to the Biting Fruit (which is the same type as the Tree Spirit) and uses Hit again. And yet another different message gets displayed ("It's pretty effective" or something).

So what is going on? Are there some kind of hidden double-types for each monster that affect skill effectiveness? It doesn't appear to be random, each message is consistent when repeating the attack with the same monster. Is it related to the amount of HP the opponent loses? (I don't think that's it, since I once encountered the water type "Gurgle Demon" thing, removed over 50% of its HP with a Neutral-type attack (Wing Beat) and the game still displayed the "Not effective" message).
I'm kind of lost right now  :-\

leeseongjae620

• HELLO!
    • View Profile
    • LSJ620 DeviantART
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2021, 09:20:08 AM »
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 10:04:48 AM by leeseongjae620 »