Author Topic: Shi Kong Xing Shou - Galactic Beasts/Space Time Star Beast  (Read 51521 times)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Shi Kong Xing Shou - Galactic Beasts/Space Time Star Beast
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2015, 06:22:59 AM »
Oh hey, great to see you back! :yay:

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2015, 08:30:57 AM »
Awesome Panda // Same here. :)

I was on duty for 21 months.... So I wasn't able to visit here over 2 years.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:18:43 AM by Sink Penol »
Favorite Bootleg Games
* Vast Fame RPGS(Shi Kong Xing Shou, Shui Hu Shen Shou, Xin Feng Shen Bang)
(Unofficial Walkthroughs are on hold)

fergzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2015, 05:07:57 PM »
Yeah.

In other news, I have been thinking about adding Zhuyin/Bopomofo (ㄓㄨˋ ㄧㄣ ㄈㄨˊ ㄏㄠˋ) and Simplified Chinese (简化字) to both games' transcription notes. It's only a matter of an easy conversion using tools. I bring this up because there could potentially be Chinese-speaking people in both China and Taiwan reading the notes, and I want to bridge any communication barriers since both countries (despite using practically the same language) have highly different (in terms of "commonly used depending on the country") ways of both writing and transliterating things. What do you think? Should I do it?

Currently, my notes only use Traditional Chinese (the default writing system for both games) and pinyin (mainly for English speakers to understand how it's pronounced, but used mainly in China too). It'd be very interesting to add, but I don't know...

Here's a preview on how it might play out:

Quote:

(SI= Simplified Chinese; BO= Zhuyin. In cases where both simplified and traditional name use the exact same hanzi between each other (eg. 宋江, 玉麒麟, 大刀, 青草精, etc.), the "(SI: )" note next to the name may not be used due to redundancy)

#8 - 雙鞭将 (SI:双鞭将) (Shuāng biān jiāng, ㄕㄨㄤㄅ一ㄢㄐ一ㄤ, Double Clubs (with "jiāng" added at the end), "Whip will")
OD: 常躲在草堆中,等獵物到來時,再用雙鞭將獵物捆綁起來。
SI: 常躲在草堆中,等猎物到来时,再用双鞭将猎物捆绑起来。
PI: "Cháng duǒ zài cǎo duī zhōng, děng lièwù dàolái shí, zài yòng shuāng biān jiāng lièwù kǔnbǎng qǐlái."
BO: "ㄔㄤˊㄉㄨㄛˇㄗㄞˋㄘㄠˇㄉㄨㄟㄓㄨㄥ,ㄉㄥˇㄌ一ㄝˋ ㄨˋㄉㄠˋ ㄌㄞˊㄕˊ,ㄗㄞˋㄩㄥˋㄕㄨㄤㄅ一ㄢㄐ一ㄤㄌ一ㄝˋ ㄨˋㄎㄨㄣˇ ㄅㄤˇㄑㄧˇ ㄌㄞˊ。"
RT: "Often hiding in the haystack, and so on when the game comes, then whip the game tied up."
[/quote]

Also, as a bonus, here's some weird headless fanart from a while ago of Yu Qilin (#2) and Shi Jin (#23) from Shui Hu Shen Shou done by an artist in China.
Spoiler: click to toggle
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:07:34 PM by fergzilla »

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2015, 06:46:56 PM »
Fergzilla // Wow, I didn't even know you're good at Zhuyin. I even don't know how to use it.

Anyways, 108 Demons(Beasts in SHSS) have 2 names - 'Real name' and 'Nickname=demon name.'
Let me give #2 for example : His name is shown as 'Jade Kirin/Yu Quilin(玉麒麟)' in game - This is his nickname in original <Water Margin>. Actually His real name is 'Lu Zun Yi(盧俊義).' Most of 108 Demon names' are based on their nicknames, but some of their names' are based on their real name in original <Water Margin>. Here's the list of them and their nicknames below :

On my upward SHSS walkthrough, all of 108 Demons' translated names are based on their nicknames.

And I was surprised that there was a Chinese fanart of SHSS.... Why Jadion(#2) and Nitrex(#23) changed their head each other? I hope there's fanart of Lilybouquet(#36) or Melblade(#59).

PS. I also drew some fanarts of SXKS ans SHSS too.
Favorite Bootleg Games

fergzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2015, 11:38:59 PM »
Aye, I just used an online tool to copy, paste, and convert my text in. Nothing too difficult. And as for those names, well, I already knew that as I used this Wikipedia article (which was also where I pulled the "real" name translations from) as well as its Chinese Wikipedia equivalent for guidance when I was doing my transcriptions. And I think the reason for some of the "real names" being used for some mons is that
. That's what I can gather anyway. We'll never know for sure unless if everything is translated.

And I dunno, that Chinese artist does strange things, I guess. He mainly draws Pokemon like this, but he does other things and original characters too.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:41:11 PM by fergzilla »

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2015, 11:49:00 PM »

Oops. Not chopping of Lilybouquet and Melblade's body parts off! They're female and and my favorite!(Sad that they're hard to use in SHSS. Tealain(#90) is much better to use among wood-type 180 Demons. He even has a Haste(神行).)
Favorite Bootleg Games

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2015, 10:05:16 PM »
Oh, Not multipost again! :(

I found Chinese SKXS and SHSS playthorugh video-'Let's Play' style-s via Youku.
(XFSB videos are also exist, but I'll introduce them in new thread about XFSB.)

Link below :

And... SKXS battle theme 1 remixed by Light MetaS!
Favorite Bootleg Games

fergzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2015, 10:17:26 PM »
Funny thing, I was also looking at these videos when I was trying to go through the games.

So, I've been meaning to ask for a while, but does anyone have any savestates for SKXS where all the monsters are collected? Or at least any VBA/Gameshark/whatever cheat codes I can input in an emulator to have all 152 entries filled up as "collected" or at least "seen"? I'm no good at making cheats myself. It'd make this transcription/translation journey a whole lot easier if I had either of those. If not, then I guess I will settle for just slogging through the entire game manually.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:20:58 PM by fergzilla »

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2015, 10:54:41 PM »
EDITED : The description is sent via PM, Fergzilla.
EDITED #2 : Geez, File attatching is not allowed in PM. :angry:

Attachments:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:04:46 PM by Sink Penol »
Favorite Bootleg Games

fergzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2015, 04:29:03 PM »
Turns out, my BGB emulator glitches out and counts every single monster as "seen". So what that means is that I took advantage of that opportunity to finish up the dex entries in so little time.

After so much time, my transcription and very Duwang-tier rough translation of Shi Kong Xing Shou's "Pokedex" is finally complete.

Here is the link to the Pastebin

A downloadable .RTF file with pictures might come later this weekend. And maybe another separate version with Simplified Chinese and Zhuyin. And maybe a slightly updated version of the Shui Hu Shen Shou dex entries notes.

Oh, and also I might pen an unofficial comic adaptation of the story, using the (updated?) strategy guide by Sink Penol as a base. Maybe I will draw it alone. Maybe I will collab with someone (and pay them to do so) with me doing the sketched storyboards and writing. Maybe it won't happen at all and it's yet another overambitious project and I want to blow up the mooooooon.... But who knows? It's a thought, at least.

Well, with that, I'm off. Might check this thread later.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:17:13 PM by fergzilla »

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2015, 08:32:16 AM »
Whoa. Well done, Fergzilla.  :thumb:

As I told on PM before, the save file above is for a raw dumped version - so even 'caught' monsters are marked as 'seen'.(Caught counter itself works well, though)

Anyway are you really planning to draw 'Unofficial Comic'?! I'm also planning my own remake of this game - 'Galactic Beasts R'.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 08:34:05 AM by Sink Penol »
Favorite Bootleg Games

fergzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2015, 10:01:24 PM »
The comic is a thought, at least. No solid plans on that. Not even if it'll be drawn by me or someone else who's a very close acquaintance. I don't even have any tentative release dates or English names. I might draw a few "star beasts" as standalone pictures at the very least.

But in the meantime, if there is someone out there who is fluent in Chinese and willing to refine my rough translations to something that actually flows well and doesn't sound like an Engrish bootleg, then by all means they are free to do so. *wink wink*
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:03:13 PM by fergzilla »

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2015, 09:13:50 PM »
I learned Chinese a little, so I can refine your dex translations somehow. These will be written in my remastering walkthrough.

Example - #1 Blowape(暴躁猴)
"Very touchy and out-tempered. It punches someone viciously when it is angry."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:27:35 PM by Sink Penol »
Favorite Bootleg Games

fergzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2015, 12:00:54 AM »
Yeah. Hopefully I didn't use any "wrong words" in my translations (I tried my best to go with what's right, but with one Chinese word sometimes having two or more English meanings, it can be tough).

Perhaps you can put the refined translations in a separate file as well as the updated strategy guide?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:24:00 AM by fergzilla »

Superjustinbros

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2015, 01:51:31 AM »
Good to see this topic still active even after all this time.
Perhaps I can use that save state and make a full sprite rip of the SKXS capturable beasts in full glorious color.

Also since it's relevant, I might as well post this.

It looks like garbage, I know.
It's meant to be styled like the faceset icons form the "Five Nights at F***boy's games.