Author Topic: Shi Kong Xing Shou - Galactic Beasts/Space Time Star Beast  (Read 51469 times)

Sink Penol

• View Profile
Shi Kong Xing Shou - Galactic Beasts/Space Time Star Beast
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2015, 02:16:29 AM »
Glad to see you, Superjustinbros! :)

Well, some name changes on Protagonist Crew below.
- Ballot -> Baroque. Here is the quotation about why.
Quote:

* In official walkthrough, Ballot's name is written as 'Baroque(巴洛克)'. I guess this is Ballot's 'real' name - Maybe the game's glitch? However, his name is written as 'Ballot' on later walkthrough.
[/quote]
- Newton -> Lloyd. His Chinese writings(雷特) more resembles Lloyd than Newton.
Favorite Bootleg Games
* Vast Fame RPGS(Shi Kong Xing Shou, Shui Hu Shen Shou, Xin Feng Shen Bang)
(Unofficial Walkthroughs are on hold)

fergzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2015, 08:32:23 AM »
Superjustinbros
Aug 2 2015, 01:51:31 AM
Good to see this topic still active even after all this time.
Perhaps I can use that save state and make a full sprite rip of the SKXS capturable beasts in full glorious color.

Also since it's relevant, I might as well post this.

It looks like garbage, I know.
It's meant to be styled like the faceset icons form the "Five Nights at F***boy's games.[/quote]Psst....

In the BGB emulator, all monsters are "seen" for some reason or other. Might want to try that too.

Superjustinbros

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2015, 11:21:49 AM »
I mostly picked those names since they sounded better to me, IMO.

Also successfully screen capped every Beast that is in the "Dex" in SKXS; will put it on The Spriters' Resource soon!

(If there were any saves of SHSS with a  complete Dex, I could do that game as well)

EDIT: Here's the sheet! http://www.spriters-resource.com/game_boy_gbc/shikongxing/sheet/68335/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:24:11 PM by Superjustinbros »

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2015, 06:09:06 PM »
Fergzilla // Maybe. I can make the file standalone, with pictures.

Superjustinbros // Well, where are uncapturable bosses and pig mutation sprites? They're missing.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:26:10 PM by Sink Penol »
Favorite Bootleg Games

Superjustinbros

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2015, 08:55:43 PM »
Sink Penol
Aug 2 2015, 06:09:06 PM
Fergzilla // Maybe. I can make the file standalone, with pictures.

Superjustinbros // Well, where are uncapturable bosses and pig mutation sprites? They're missing.[/quote]The Pig transformation and boss Beasts would require one to play through the game to see them, and I'm not exactly in the swing to do another play of SKXS just for seven sprites.

If I had screens of them in their proper colors (i.e. no filters to dim the colors or blur the image), I'd be happy to add them to the sheet.

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2015, 12:47:14 AM »
Superjustinbros //

Spoiler: click to toggle
Favorite Bootleg Games

Superjustinbros

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2015, 01:12:40 AM »
Thanks. I noticed that the boss' (and pig mutation) palettes are all shared with palettes of existing Beasts, so I could just rip the sprites from YY-CHR and use the existing color palettes to give the correct colors to the bosses, with that old walkthrough that was made long long ago to serve as a guide.

I assume this is also the case with the bosses from Shui Hu as well, since that blue palette that the intentionally OP dragon boss has is shared with a few Beasts from that game.

EDIT: I made the Boss beats sheet.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/game_boy_gbc/shikongxing/sheet/68341/
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:42:35 PM by Superjustinbros »

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2015, 06:31:17 PM »
Superjustinbros // Yes, finally!

Fergzilla // I found a lot of errors in your Pastebin file. So it'll take more time to finish off dex file than I expected.
Also, uncapturable bosses' and pig mutation data will be available in my improved walkthrough & standalone dex file.
Favorite Bootleg Games

Superjustinbros

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2015, 01:28:53 PM »
Thanks. It was certainly worth it.
Hopefully one day we'll see one for Shui Hu.

fergzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2015, 09:27:20 PM »
Sink Penol
Aug 3 2015, 06:31:17 PM
Superjustinbros // Yes, finally!

Fergzilla // I found a lot of errors in your Pastebin file. So it'll take more time to finish off dex file than I expected.
Also, uncapturable bosses' and pig mutation data will be available in my improved walkthrough & standalone dex file.[/quote]Errors? Which errors What are you talking about? Are you talking about errors transcribing the Chinese from the original game to plaintext? I did try to double and even triple check my work, try to draw the hanzi as close as I can on Chinese-drawing tools like Nciku/Line Dictionary, all using a drawing tablet, and if I'm unsure about a particular hanzi (doesn't help that the game is in Traditional with its characters crammed into a 16x16 space. If this was a Simplified Chinese game, then I'd be whistling a different tune here), then I take it to Wiktionary, and in certain cases even ask some people from a Mandarin-learning IRC, and sometimes even going as far as to asking a few native Chinese/Taiwanese chat friends who do know the Traditional writing system if anything is right or wrong. Sometimes I even see some typos that came from the original game itself and not of my error, so in the case of that, I keep the original entry but also note some possible "corrections" to those typos on the side. I did do my research in more ways than one when it comes to converting the entries from text sprites in an 8-bit game to plaintext as 100% correct as possible, but do note any inaccuracies that I might have written on those notes, such as incorrect/skipped/extra hanzi that do not match up with the actual game, although I made my efforts to try and avoid those types of things. If you want to note any corrections but cannot type actual Chinese, such hanzi-drawing tools are actually pretty useful for that. Trust me, up until my efforts in transcription, the descriptions were literally nigh-ungoogleable/unbaiduable to even people who know Chinese, so I wanted to make a contribution at least.

If you are talking about any English-language errors, then yeah, of course it'll have mistakes all over. The Chinese-to-English "translation" really sucks, I admit that, and I won't even sugarcoat it, which is why I want it to be "refined" to begin with. I am really struggling with the Chinese language, and while a percentage of the translations come from genuine knowledge of a hanzi's translation or two, most of it was done by largely looking things up online. To be honest, I just wanted to hold people over by giving them an "idea" and "feel" on what the Chinese descriptions might be like in English until a "proper" translation can be done. I really hope that in the future, I know enough accurate Chinese words and syntax to do proper translations to English with little to no aid.

In fact, this image is pretty much an accurate representation of what my current translation efforts are like:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:54:38 PM by fergzilla »

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2015, 10:53:55 PM »
Fergzilla // Yes, what I meant was the latter. sorry for making you confuse. :'(

In fact, my Chinese isn't fluent either - so I also use online translations first and fix phrases and words as I know as possible.
Favorite Bootleg Games

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2015, 07:13:11 PM »
A new stuff.

* TerraTerraCotta revamped Drawvile's design of her own. Well, my revamped design is totally different from hers.
Favorite Bootleg Games

fergzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2015, 03:24:55 AM »
So I made two Imgur albums on the Shi Kong Xing Shou dex just for the heck of it. The reason I made two albums is because Imgur's upload-all-at-once limit is two short of the complete dex, so I decided to split it into an even 76 pictures per album. The albums include the original Traditional Chinese text, as well as conversions to Simplified Chinese characters and pinyin. This is so that Mandarin-speaking/reading people from all areas (China, Taiwan, overseas, etc.) can understand regardless of which writing system they are used to. Though this time I've decided not to include English/Engrish translations with them (maybe later)

Part 1, contains #1-#76
Part 2, contains #77-#152

This actually seems the most effective way of viewing the descriptions and the pictures all at once. Hope you enjoy.

This thread has been dead for a while, so I decided it was appropriate to revive it with this.

Also, think it'd be OK to post these on the wiki page as part of an "external links" section?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:04:21 PM by fergzilla »

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2015, 08:34:02 PM »
Fergzilla // Nice work. Well, my dex data(excluding stats and moves) is around 30% done - I'm busy nowadays.
Favorite Bootleg Games

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »
Alright, it's been months, again.

A Youtuber named 'Tamer Koh' made a full walkthrough video of SKXS. Man, I'm late.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Favorite Bootleg Games