Author Topic: 128-in-1 at goodwill  (Read 8632 times)

Veemon

• View Profile
128-in-1 at goodwill
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 01:52:15 AM »
So with that said, I'm guessing the NES' gameboy player is had the same compatibility as the game boy right?

Well maybe the reason no pirate will touch it is because it's to new? I suppose most companies only make games for retired systems. Some still did make games for it when the system was still relevant, but for the most part it's not.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
128-in-1 at goodwill
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 12:16:28 PM »
there's a NES gameboy player? I know there's that homebrew one.. and theres the one Nintendo made for development/taking screenshots but that was never released to the public. I'm not sure how the former works but AFAIK the latter was just GB hardware that used a NES for display so it should have the same compatibility as the original gameboy.
Veemon

Well maybe the reason no pirate will touch it is because it's to new? I suppose most companies only make games for retired systems. Some still did make games for it when the system was still relevant, but for the most part it's not.[/quote]
I dunno about that - I would have thought they'd want to make games as early as possible while there's still a big market for DS stuff. The only reason so many Famicom pirates were made after official development stopped is because Famiclones were so popular, but the DS hasn't been cloned and I can't imagine it ever will be.

Veemon

• View Profile
128-in-1 at goodwill
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 02:52:18 PM »
Yes I'm pretty sure there's a NES Game Boy player. I'm pretty sure I have it, it's just like the other ones like the SNES and Game Cube one.

Yeah chances are that the DS won't be cloned, at lest for a long time. I guess it is surprising though that no company has jumped on the band wagon and made a crap load of pirates for it...

Doomkid

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.ws/doomkid/
128-in-1 at goodwill
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2011, 10:22:07 AM »
Technology has come so far that video game piracy as we know it from the 90's is a basically pointless venture. Rather than going through the enourmous hassle of remaking an SNES game on the NES (like Master Fighter, for example) they can just get hundreds of games from any console over 10 years old (sometimes newer, but not often) and just cram them onto whatever device they want for a tiny cost, really.

Ive seen tons of iPhone like clones that boast multiple games in one device. It's usually just an NES/Sega/whatever emulator built in, and theres usually less than a gig of drive space.. Yet still, Ive seen famicom pirates from 2004 and 2005, when this technology was already easily clonable and accessable.. I don't understand how they can expect to turn a profit from these famicom multicarts/bootlegs still today, really all they end up being is a waste of space, if it isn't a genuinely fun pirate. But I guess it still makes money in some corners of the world, cause they're STILL producing them.

I'd think it would cost less and sell more just to ditch the famicom crap altogether, and plop out more of these iPhone clones, but I suppose they just want to have all bases covered..