Author Topic: Looking to add content to the Wiki  (Read 2401 times)

MS-DOS4

• View Profile
Looking to add content to the Wiki
« on: August 22, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »
Hi, I've arrived here from FW and I'm very interested in pirates. I'd love to add some stuff to the wiki from my own collection and I had a few questions.

How do you want to handle "quality control" in your multicart section? Of course I have the generic 1000-1s, but I also have some slightly more interesting 2-1s ETC. Is it OK to submit anything I got?

Also, I think this one's obvious but I should just ask anyway- If I have a picture of the cartridge for a game, I can just add it in the game's page, right?

Another thing. I would like to submit a Famiclone, but since I don't know how WIKI works really. How can you add a page into the famiclone section?

Thank you for helping out a newbie.  :)

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Looking to add content to the Wiki
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 12:11:35 AM »
MS-DOS4
Aug 22 2010, 11:34:40 PM
Hi, I've arrived here from FW and I'm very interested in pirates. I'd love to add some stuff to the wiki from my own collection and I had a few questions. [/quote]welcome! i'm an admin on the wiki, hopefully I can be of some assistance.
Quote:

How do you want to handle "quality control" in your multicart section? Of course I have the generic 1000-1s, but I also have some slightly more interesting 2-1s ETC. Is it OK to submit anything I got? [/quote]I'd say so, yeah. If its pirate related and you can write something about it, by all means do so. We have infinite space after all. (pretty much)
Quote:

Also, I think this one's obvious but I should just ask anyway- If I have a picture of the cartridge for a game, I can just add it in the game's page, right? [/quote]absolutely, yes. any pics we don't have would be much appreciated.
Quote:

Another thing. I would like to submit a Famiclone, but since I don't know how WIKI works really. How can you add a page into the famiclone section?[/quote]Underneath the main editing box theres a grey button that says "add category". click on that, type Famiclones, press enter. Same goes for any category - so for example if you're adding a multicart you should type Multicarts, and so on.
a page can be in multiple categories - eg most games are in at least three. the main "Games" category, one for its genre, and one for its console.
Quote:

Thank you for helping out a newbie.  :) [/quote]youre welcome! :D have fun editing.