News > The Community

ROM begging, amongst other things

(1/3) > >>

Azathoth:
So I have this friend.

Let's say this friend is interested in playing a particular game, but isn't sure if the game is dumped or even if it exists. Maybe he's interested in dumping something he already owns but doesn't want to waste the time if it's already been done. Or, maybe he comes across what he thinks is a really rare game that's going to cost him a kidney to buy but since he squanders a lot of his income on disposable items like food or utilities he isn't going to fool with outrageous international wire transfer fees for something you can get for free. There's also probably a good chance he's just a sorry ass that is too lazy to Google search results for ROM images.

So if this guy wanted to just say, "Hey, is this available? If so, spoon-feed me" what would be the proper way to go about posting such things?

Doomkid:
I supposed you could ask people to PM you things such as direct links. I mean, basically all of this stuff is pirated anyway... It's not like it's a "bad thing" to give someone a copy... Though I know some some people look down on it for some odd reason.

taizou:
I think your friend could just post somewhere asking about it. As long as he's googled for it and nothing came up anyway. It's not a problem to me if someone's asking about a rom that they aren't sure exists, or that does exist but they can't find anywhere - new dumps often aren't all that widely distributed these days (there's no real standard rom set anymore, the goodtools haven't been updated in years and no-intro doesnt cover pirates >:0 so they can be quite hard to find sometimes) and it's to everyone's advantage really if they're spread around as much as possible.

SpaceNinja:
I agree with Taizou there: If you have let's say Super Mario Special 3 and someone wants a working version, which is indeed harder to find than the unpatched version, why not give it to this person.
In one way spreading these games is useful so more people can get it and more people will be able to play it.

KingPepe:
I guess requesting a hard-to-find ROM is all right. (But someone requesting something like Somari deserves a slap in the face)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version