Author Topic: Justice Bao (Bao Qing Tian) NES English Translation  (Read 302 times)

toysower

• View Profile
Justice Bao (Bao Qing Tian) NES English Translation
« on: March 29, 2024, 11:12:16 PM »
Hi! I attempted a rough translation of Bao Qing Tian for the Famicom to English
using the mapper 4 ROM since the protection for said game was cleared with the mapper conversion.
It's not finished, but it was fun to give it a go since it just seemed like a good idea.
I have included the script I used with DeepL to attempt to translate it (I apologize for not knowing Chinese in advance) as well as the ROM.
HUGE thanks goes to NewRisingSun for finishing the mapper 4 conversion, this wouldn't have been possible without you.
Notes:
---Use the file that says "current" as that's the last one that's been modified.
---The game has mild palette modifications.
---The timer for the story and similar transitions has been replaced with a B button trigger so you can read the story.
---Only Stage 1's story has been translated, the remaining stages' story text has not been implemented.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this shot I gave at making this game a little more enjoyable.
NOTE: If you do not like the content in this topic (or this topic existing at all) you can remove at any time. I'm just a messenger. :)
This is just an open canvas, do whatever you want.

EDIT: Completely forgot to append CHR documentation for the script. I've written up an explanation, so here you go.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 05:54:09 AM by toysower »