Author Topic: Is it possible to convert Pink Jelly to a standard NES?  (Read 514 times)

lancuster

• View Profile
Is it possible to convert Pink Jelly to a standard NES?
« on: March 18, 2024, 06:17:41 PM »
I wonder if it's possible to remake this short Christmas mini-game from Hummer Team into a standard and understandable look for NES hardware? I could convert the graphics of the game to 2bpp, it remains only to find a person who can rewrite VT03 registers for a standard MMC3 mapper.
Attached below is the original 2Mb *.bin image, as well as a partially cropped (from unnecessary garbage) version and an *.cdl file for FCEUX 2.3.0.

GamerWithQ

• View Profile
Re: Is it possible to convert Pink Jelly to a standard NES?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 04:55:29 PM »
There exists a hack of the game Panda Adventure for the NES/Famicom, aptly named Pink Jelly NES.

lancuster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 03:40:34 PM »
There exists a hack of the game Panda Adventure for the NES/Famicom, aptly named Pink Jelly NES.
No, we are talking about a Christmas mini-game, which is only available as a VT03-compatible ROM.

Y2K05

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 10:21:13 PM »
I was told that UM5678 games cannot be converted to standard NES format, so it has me doubting the possibility of this. Are you sure it's doable?

lancuster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 07:21:57 AM »
I was told that UM5678 games cannot be converted to standard NES format, so it has me doubting the possibility of this. Are you sure it's doable?
This is a standard VT03 game image, Hummer Team has never made games on UM5678.

Y2K05

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2024, 08:28:53 PM »
Yeah, but I mean if UM5678 cannot be converted, no way that it can be done for VT03 without reprogramming it excessively.

lancuster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 02:51:17 PM »
Yeah, but I mean if UM5678 cannot be converted, no way that it can be done for VT03 without reprogramming it excessively.
Nevertheless, we managed to port "Commando" and "Curly Monkey" from VT03 to the standard MMC3 format, without resorting to serious reprogramming.