Pirate Discussion > Famicom/NES

miscellaNEouS files

(1/8) > >>

forgotusername:
I've ended up with a rather large selection of random NES files that I haven't released anywhere, generally obtained from hack testing and whatnot. Since I've never really found a place to put these, I figured making a miscellaneous thread here could be a good way to distribute them.

To start, here are three hacks obtained from some quite obscure multicarts. Down Deep (a Dig Dug hack) was unplayable within the multicart itself, while Route-16 Moto (hack of Route-16 Turbo) was on a plug & play thing that I couldn't get to emulate properly (it's somewhere on Clusterrr's website...) Dungeon Escape was playable on the multicart iirc, though it's a very obscure game variant regardless.

forgotusername:
I have a massive folder of NROM and MMC3 conversions (that's mappers 0 and 4 in iNES header-speak), which are generally bootleg in origin. I'm not sure how much interest people have in mapper conversions these days (I mainly use them for the purposes of rom hacking), though I may as well publish them here. The folders are as follows:

*MMC3 conversions - CoolX-Lite: a set of very elaborate conversions, designed for a customizable multicart developed in Ukraine. while most are pure MMC3, some are based on the "CoolX" mapper itself, which i don't think exists in the iNES 2.0 database yet. there was a giant github page for these which seems to have been taken down, so this moreso serves as a mirror for them. about 100 games in here.
*MMC3 conversions - multicart rips: conversions which i've ripped from various multicarts and plug & plays; many of these are CNROM (or CNROM-like) games. quality control greatly varies with these, some work perfectly while others do not (for example, buggy popper crashes at level 4). 113 games here.
*NROM conversions - misc: anything NROM-based. a few of these are likely available elsewhere, though they can be difficult to find. some of these (including everything in the "plug & play" folder) are my own conversions, with some being created as a "basis" for my previous rom hacks. around 50 games here.

I skipped the other directories I have, as those files can generally be found elsewhere (GoodNES, romhacking.net, clusterrr's website, etc).

Y2K05:
I'm interested in mapper conversions, as it can make the ROMs more accessible, such as Virtual Console imports, so converting to a common mapper is definitely appreciated. Thank you!

forgotusername:
No problem. :)

Y2K05:
I remember asking before about some tool that converts from bootleg mapper to common one, but from what I've heard it has to be done manually & with expertise in ROM hacking

I don't know what mapper is used by Donkey Kong Country 4 from Hummer Team, but from what I recall, it was not a common mapper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version