Author Topic: some cool spottings of bootleg FC games i saw, and i need help finding something  (Read 665 times)

150JYH

• Bootleg game fan
    • View Profile
    • bootleg blog/hub
 8) now, i dont have any bootleg games of my own, i have a new "my arcade" system and a 150 in 1 generic new cart and thats it, i havent been all for bootleg games in ages, but ive recently picked back up on this intrest

ive known about bootleg games for years, most of my life i'd say, and here are 2 notible sightings of bootleg games ive seen at the same gamestore place a while away from me,

1. Bootleg mario brothers? so this is an interesting one,
i once went to the game store, and in a cabnet, i saw a famicom game with a bootleg super mario brothers art slapped on it and it had one of those old early 90s fc to nes converters strapped on it, it was quite hidden away, it was shoved in the corner of the restof the games, completly hidden to the public eye.
from what i recall, the label was white, so was the cart, and it had super mario bros artwork from the official famicom cart, that was it, no logo, no special letters, just a generic artwork, very interesting but i bet it just had a generic mario slight graphical hack that replaced the logo or something.

2. But heres where it gets interesing.
this is such a memorable memory in my mind due to how bizzare it was,
i remember walking into the store to get a game, maybe a replacement controller if i can remember, but i noticed a fat stack of atleast 20 famicom games in a mostly empty cabnet, all which where either yellow, bright yellow, or orange, my memory isnt the best with this so excuse me if i get something wrong, but i remember most of the story,
the cart at the top of the stack was a game that said something like "7777666 IN 1" in the top left in squished text with an all yellow label and a random generic artwork graphic of a dude in armour holding either a machine gun or a rifle, and that was it, again, the label was super bland, this one i remember a lot and stuck with me so much purely for the fact that i only couldve imagined what kind of rom it had...

thats it, im mostly trying to look for the cart from story 2, and maybe ill even go back to see what new games they have in hopes they have any bootlegs (i havent gone since 2019, and covid didnt help either as the place was closed for ages aswell as the other video game stores around), and if anyone does find the cart im talkig about please send it to me, i may even make a mockup eventually so you can get a glimpse of what it looked like.

i know for a fact this isnt a false memory either, it stood out so much to me purely for the fact of how hillarious and generic i thought it was, anyways, thats all, ill update you more soon and make sure you keep your eyes peeled for any games that loom similar to the one i decribe! thanks!  ;D :) 8)
[scroll]1 5 0 J Y H[/scroll]