Author Topic: FDS Bootlegs  (Read 1439 times)

26triangulumgoldfish

• View Profile
FDS Bootlegs
« on: February 08, 2023, 12:22:18 AM »
does a nongoodFDS or similar database exist for Pirate\Bootleg Famiom Disk System games?

i've seen one mentioned around here

http://www.nesbbs.com/bbs/

but the site is Chinese, and i don't know what i'm doing
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 07:57:54 PM by 26triangulumgoldfish »

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
Re: FDS Bootlegs
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 08:17:16 AM »
Not that I know of. Most FDS bootlegs are Game Doctor/Magic Card disks and are neither publicly available, nor particularly interesting except from a technical point of view.

26triangulumgoldfish

• View Profile

nrq

• View Profile
Re: FDS Bootlegs
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 02:04:07 AM »
Not that I know of. Most FDS bootlegs are Game Doctor/Magic Card disks and are neither publicly available, nor particularly interesting except from a technical point of view.
They are somewhat interesting when you have one of those old bootleg devices to play them on. I own a Turbo GD 6M and I'm having a real hard time converting those NES 2.0 Mapper 562 ROMs back to Game Doctor Disk format, even though both formats themselves are very well documented on NESDev Wiki. It starts at currently having no idea why e.g. the original dump of Final Fantasy 3 I have seems to be split at arbitrary boundaries, compared to the hand full of other original Turbo GD 6+/6M Game Doctor images I have. Would the same image work if I just split it to 16KB pieces? Are these pieces like the split files of SNES copiers? But even then these had to be split at 4MBit boundaries.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 02:20:46 AM by nrq »