Author Topic: Multi-Dip switch pirate rescue - looking for rom  (Read 948 times)

Jpx72

• it's not me :)
    • View Profile
Multi-Dip switch pirate rescue - looking for rom
« on: February 01, 2023, 10:30:30 AM »
Hey guys!
I have recently bought non working dip switch cart, it's built around standard logic circuits with multiple rom chips. No RAM.
But it is not working, in any switch combination.
I was thinking that the roms are bad and I can replace them, but I don't know with what.
Recently I found a 31in1 multicart dump here:
https://unlicensed.games/libg/index.php?m=03&y=19&d=06&entry=entry190306-140057&category=10
Looks very simillar, but UCON spits out 256kb chr and 512 kb prg file.
Can someone identify from the photo which rom is which and help me split the prg/chr to 6 separate files so I can test it?
Or maybe someone has the exact cart so can provide all the needed files for me to exchange the roms with programmed eproms?

Or, do you think that the only problem are the logic chips?  I guess I try to replace those first.

:) any tips are welcome!
Thanks
J.

Jpx72

• it's not me :)
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-Dip switch pirate rescue - looking for rom
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 04:32:56 PM »
Ah never mind, I did try to exchange the 74xx chips  but it didn't help.
And what's worse, I realised that the Rom chips must be custom made - with 28 pins there is no way these are 27C512 with only 64kb each, cartridge says that it contains 31 games, and 64x6=384 which leaves only something like 12kb per game which is not possible  :'( ... and to rewire 6 eproms (27c010) is just not worth the effort.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 09:43:09 AM by Jpx72 »