Author Topic: "Pikachu5" (Pikachu Wonder Rabbit?)  (Read 8203 times)

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
Re: "Pikachu5" (Pikachu Wonder Rabbit?)
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2022, 05:40:39 AM »
(note the tutorial only displays in the multicart for some reason, not the extracted rom)
The multicart version had been patched so that some selections of the multicart menu go directly to later levels, skipping the tutorial for those later levels. The ROM I posted partially undid that by restoring the memory initialization -- otherwise the game would crash immediately if the emulator initialized memory to anything other than $00 -- but I had not undone that alteration. Now I have; I have attached three ROM files: the original raw extract that will fail in the aforementioned conditions, an update to my previously-posted ROM that now restores the tutorial as well, and a third, based upon the second, that incorporates the "Nature Color" copyright restoration already demonstrated above. I am a bit skeptical about the font choice though, given that the "START" uses a different font. Tile $A8 is empty right now, but apparently contained something meaningful. I shall go through the existing "Nature Color" ROM files to see if any of them have a "double-height" © symbol.

Edit: corrected another mistake, reuploaded.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 05:56:37 AM by NewRisingSun »

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2022, 05:04:39 PM »
It appears yet another Pikachu5 variant has surfaced... appearing on some other random console ("MGT" Console de jeux), listed in the menu as "Teamboys". It's not really that much of note, I'm just shocked to see there are still even more of these. Going solely by stock images, the entire HUD seems to be removed...

It appears I never posted the TV Baseball ROM here; I did actually figure out how to find it, so I've attached the belated download (alongside a Teamboys picture).

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2022, 04:38:26 AM »
It appears yet another Pikachu5 variant has surfaced... appearing on some other random console ("MGT" Console de jeux), listed in the menu as "Teamboys". It's not really that much of note, I'm just shocked to see there are still even more of these. Going solely by stock images, the entire HUD seems to be removed...

It appears I never posted the TV Baseball ROM here; I did actually figure out how to find it, so I've attached the belated download (alongside a Teamboys picture).
Cool blimey! i wanted that Baseball game for Ages, but now i have it.  :D
Thank you ever so much Forgotusername, this is very much appreciated.
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2023, 01:22:45 PM »
I was looking through the My Arcade "Pixel Player" ROM and, for whatever reason, Teamboys is in its coding unused. I kind of expected it to be hacked from Pikachu5 directly, but it actually just seems to be Wonder Rabbit-derived...all graphics for levels 3 and 4 are just blacked out in the data, along with (as I assumed was the case) the entire scoreboard. Download attached (note that it seems to only function on Nintendulator)

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2023, 04:21:09 AM »
It is that pesky memory initialization issue again. The game expects the multicart/plug-and-play menu to fill memory locations $07FE and $07FF with the starting level number. Depending on how the emulator fills memory on start-up, those memory locations will either contain $00, $FF or a random value. I have modified the ROM file to assume values $00 for both.