Author Topic: 3-in-1 with Titenic allegedly found according to TCRF  (Read 1593 times)

Eadwine

• View Profile
3-in-1 with Titenic allegedly found according to TCRF
« on: April 27, 2022, 12:03:30 AM »
Heya.

Apparently there's a rare 3 in 1 that contains a version of Titenic that is significantly different to the one from the Super New Year 15-in-1 (or the "completed" rom that was built from it), according to one paragraph on the TCRF article about Titenic:

"Contrary to initial belief, Titenic was fully finished and released - unaltered - on a "Super Cool Boy" 3-in-1 multicart by ABAB Soft; however, this cartridge is extremely rare. The cartridge's ID is unknown, and was thought to have been unreleased; however, it was properly documented and dumped online some time in late 2021."

According to TCRF, further, the 15-in-1 version "replaces the "My Heart Will Go On" rendition with the generic Harry's Legend music; likely in attempt to hide the Titanic theme of the game entirely."

Naturally, I came right here. The only "Super Cool Boy 3-in-1" I found in my brief searching is the one in this thread http://bootleg.games/BGC_Forum/index.php?topic=2914.msg21756#msg21756 which contains "Street Fighter 60P" "Cross Fire" and "Revolution". FCEUX won't actually load any of the games so, is one of those Titenic? Or is TCRF lying?

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: 3-in-1 with Titenic allegedly found according to TCRF
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 11:13:44 AM »

kmg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 04:43:24 AM »
NewRisingSun posted a copy in these forums last autumn, but unfortunately that post was lost (along with many others) when this site had to be restored from backup.

Anyway, the cart has serial CB-403X. If you can't find it elsewhere, look for a recent complete MAME software list set and look for the archive mc_3cb3x.zip (or 7z). You'll need to rejoin the PRG and CHR files into one and slap on a header. FYI, it's mapper 134. I *think* you'll need NintendulatorNRS, libretro's FCEU*, or MAME to actually run it.

Eadwine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 12:00:18 AM »
kmg maybe I'm stupid but it doesn't seem to be in any of the MAME sets I've found from the version in the video and on. The closest I've come is https://mame.spludlow.co.uk/Software.aspx?list=nes&soft=mc_3cb3x which is just a listing of the games, no downlaods.