Author Topic: Are the PIS Watch verisons of Pocket Monsters: Gold and Silver dumped?  (Read 1589 times)

bawkers

• Such is a samurai skill
    • View Profile
I was wondering if they have been dumped as I own both versions with a PIS watch on my 86-in-1 cart. (The PIS Watch isn't in the original Gold and Silver, seems to be added into the game, the page I made for the cart has an image of the watch: https://bootleggames.fandom.com/wiki/86_in_1_Color). I am only asking if it has a dump not because I want one (I have them on cart) but so that they are archived, I don't own a dumper myself but I would be willing to track down a GB dumper (which I am not sure which would be efficient, I heard taizou mention that the Last Bible carts [multicarts with a specific menu that uses music from said game] had to be dumped a certain way)
Ever since 2003, I have been seeing people come and go, but do they ever return?

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Are the PIS Watch verisons of Pocket Monsters: Gold and Silver dumped?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 11:53:12 AM »
What does PIS watch mean? Also, do you have a computer with a parallel port? If you plan to dump games off of a multicart, then you'd need to be able to rip them with something like gblinkdl (which Taizou mentioned here, which only works with (I want to say 25 pin) parallel ports

bawkers

• Such is a samurai skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 08:01:36 PM »
PIS I have no clue what it exactly means, it shows a watch in game with "PIS" at the top of the watch on the graphics. I do not have a parallel port on my computer, I have two slots for connecting a usb device, a usb c slot, and an sd card slot as I use a modern laptop
Ever since 2003, I have been seeing people come and go, but do they ever return?

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 08:40:08 PM »
That might make it difficult to rip ROMs off of a multicart. I don't think that usd devices that add a parallel port to a computer work with most ROM dumping devices, and most devices that don't hook the gameboy directly up to the computer just wind up ripping the multicart menu. I do not know of a ROM of a pokemon game with a PIS watch in it, though i have not gone looking for one. Are the pokemon hacks in chinese or english?