Author Topic: Telefang 2 Bootlegs  (Read 1736 times)

SkyLeague

• View Profile
Telefang 2 Bootlegs
« on: November 25, 2021, 03:48:22 PM »
For many years I considered the Telefang 2 hacks known as "Pokemon Ruby" and "Pokemon Sapphire" to be a couple of the most sought after games for my collection. Very little info was known about them, especially Sapphire. Last fall, my search came to a close when I was able to pick up both games for cheap on TaoBao. In doing so, I busted the myth that the games did not work on a Nintendo DS Lite (I am not sure why people thought that was a thing).

Anyways, some more recent finds have lead to me realizing that Telefang 2 hacks under these names were not exclusively released in English. A picture of a German Ruby cart was found on Reddit, as well as a listing for both games in Chinese that was found on TaoBao. I was particularly surprised that the games were released in Chinese, as there is already another known set of Chinese Telefang 2 hacks, Diamond 2 and Jade 2.

Last but not least, after dumping the games with an R4 card it was found that the English ROMs for these games (in the .zip file below), which to my knowledge were completely undumped previously, work on mGBA. So call that a Thanksgiving miracle if you will.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 12:27:08 AM by SkyLeague »

SkyLeague

• View Profile
Re: Telefang 2 Bootlegs
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 04:41:21 PM »
It appears that Diamond 2 and Jade 2 were posted on Discord back in September. I'll go ahead and share those here. Credit to Bawkers for dumping these.