Author Topic: I was wondering something about those plug'n'play famiclones...  (Read 3222 times)

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
As I said on the "Finds" topic I recently bought a cheap Play Stick with 76 games. However, I'm really disappointed for the fact it has Duck Hunt/Hogan's Alley/Wild Gunman yet you can't play them because there's no place to plug a Zapper!
Since the 76 games ROM this thing has loaded can also be find as a normal Fami cartridge, I was wondering if the joystick doesn't has just a normal cartridge in the inside, without the case of course. If that's the case, can I just take it apart from the joystick and use it on a normal Famiclone?

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
I was wondering something about those plug'n'play famiclones...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 08:44:29 PM »
In most cases, the rom is built into the chips inside. I somehow doubt that there's a cartridge inside. There might be a DIP switch to change the game list, but that's pretty unlikely.

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 08:50:09 PM »
Thanks for your answer. I'm glad I asked first instead of broking the joystick :P

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 09:08:39 PM »
Some do have a cart PCB inside, its quite rare though - I have a Famicom Yarou 54 like that, but it's soldered in, so its not easily removable. I think a few older clones actually did have a proper internal 60-pin slot, but I'm not sure if any recent ones do.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 05:19:28 AM »
Linkrulezall
Jun 25 2011, 08:44:29 PM
In most cases, the rom is built into the chips inside. I somehow doubt that there's a cartridge inside. There might be a DIP switch to change the game list, but that's pretty unlikely.[/quote]That'd explain why the 76-in-1 and its variants haven't been dumped yet.

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 01:11:45 PM »
The 420-in-1 version has been dumped but the mapper isn't emulated yet. However, the only two games from the cart which seem to be different from the 76-in-1 are a hack of Mappy starred by the guy from Nuts & Milk and Dig Dug II.