Author Topic: Conny  (Read 6535 times)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Conny
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 05:05:34 PM »
The music in "Dance Go Go Go" (on the MI2 handheld) sounds like it's probably real songs, but it's hard to actually hear them over all the "good! great! nice!" stuff. Even DDR doesn't add commentary on every arrow!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 05:08:02 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Conny
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 09:06:35 PM »
Looking at those Mi2 videos:
- 3D Bricker looks like a cross between Arkanoid and Castelian.
- Brain Gym looks like a ripoff of Brain Training for the DS.
- The video for Connect Pair is upside down on the screen and turned on its side for no apparent reason.
- Several of the games on it look like bad PS1 games.
- Dance Go Go Go reminds me of that Pokémon Crazy Drummer for the Mega Drive with the ridiculous sound effects. No idea where the music's from. Mind you, if the songs are stolen then many of them on this sound pretty bad to begin with. :P
- Apparently, there's more than one game that has Eidolon in the title. (The other being that game off the Games Xplosion)
- Fruit Vs Veggies sort of looks like Worms for the PC.
- Panda Go is likely a ripoff of Super Monkey Ball.
- Virtual Life Singer has graphics ripped off from The Sims, and the music is probably stolen as well.

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Conny
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 08:50:13 AM »
codeman38
Jan 28 2011, 10:16:32 AM
There's another blatant ripoff on the PDC that rather surprised me.

Here's the Pocket Dream Console's game "Talent".

If that doesn't seem at all familiar, here's the indie PC game "Professor Fizzwizzle" for comparison.

Edit: Oh, yeah, "Professor Fizzwizzle" is from 2005. As in, two years before the PDC was released. Usually they pick something slightly older to rip off...
Speaking of indie PC games, Pretty Café is not only a Diner Dash ripoff, but also uses a certain sound effect from Sonic the Hedgehog which I know I've heard in one of those Wii clones too. (Edit: It was the Zone 40. Waixing/NiceCode connections here, perhaps?)
Oh, yeah, and I forgot the most hilarious ripoffs: I've definitely had plenty of entertainment from AIM, but I had no idea that Windows' Disk Defragmenter was that entertaining. (The Action and Puzzle icons, respectively.) And just to be OS-neutral, they also ripped off the Mac OS networking icon for the upper-left of the menu screen.[/quote]I can top it.
The GT Racing game uses sound effects from GT Advance on the GBA, and the music also seems to be close to that!

klax

• Banned
    • View Profile
    • http://nesdevelopment.blogspot.com/
Conny
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 09:49:43 AM »
I still think it's cony