Author Topic: GB-A76E Convincing Pirate Carts  (Read 3168 times)

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
GB-A76E Convincing Pirate Carts
« on: March 17, 2021, 11:17:33 PM »
I was checking some of my games and comparing them with photos taken by other people and noticed something. There are a bunch of pirate carts of Vast Fame games that look incredibly similar to the actual mainland China releases of their games. When I say pirate cart, I am referring to copies made without ties to the original creator, with the copy protection edited out. When I say mainland China release I mean carts that have custom boot logos and copy protection that prevents emulation of the game's ROM. On Pepper-98's old blog, she showed a picture with a mainland China release of Digimon Crystal 3 and a pirate cart of Rockman DX3. Notice the rectangular black glob on the top left side of Rockman DX3? Yeah that appears on pirate carts that say "GB-A76E" on the back of their circuit board. I'll include some pictures of pirate carts like that one that I own. Notice how one of those looks pretty much identical to Pepper-98's copy of Digimon Crystal 3, except for the different circuit board. Yeah, thank goodness these things are transparent. That's all, watch out for these pirate carts (unless you want deprotected versions of these games), and happy hunting

Also, according to this dinosaur of a thread these pirate carts have a similar circuit board to the actual Vast Fame multicarts, so maybe they do have some sort of a tie to Vast Fame, but that is just speculation.

Another thought: the multicart versions of Vast Fame's games sometimes have the wrong music, most notably in Digimon Pocket. So does the pirate cart of Digimon 3 Crystal shown in my picture. If the two truly are related as speculated in the thread I previously mentioned, then that means that it is possible more deprotected Vast Fame releases were made by these guys. I know for a fact that Super Fighters Alpha 2001, Super Fighters S, Digimon Saphire, and Pokemon Ruby by Vast Fame all had mainland China releases, so they might have deprotected versions as well.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 09:47:45 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »

yy小龙虾

• Vast Fame
    • View Profile
Re: GB-A76E Convincing Pirate Carts
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 10:35:27 PM »
hello 瓜瓜龍:
As far as I know, VF GB games all have mainland China versions, they are released by different companies, among which the most "popular" games may be Super Fighter S and Suiko Monster. About the two games Queen Fighter 2000 and Super Fighter 2001 Alpha, I want to say is that I've bought their mainland China version, they are not from LiCheng as it said on Bootleg Games Wiki, but from another Chinese company: GangFeng (maybe you are familiar with their GB/GBC game consoles, but they did make some GB/GBC/GBA carts), they used the VF original PCB (the same copy protection), just changed the sticker, instruction and box, so GangFeng maybe the only VF authorized agency in mainland China.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 10:56:23 PM »
I had no idea GangFeng released any actual games, I always assumed that they just released consoles. Out of curiosity, do you know if deprotected pirate carts of those two games and digimon sapphire exist? Also, do you know what the original names of "魔戒3-不完美的世界" Digimon Saphire, and "宠物小精灵 结金塔之王" are? I know Digimon Saphire goes by a few different names, and that "宠物小精灵 结金塔之王" has been released as Pocket Monster Sapphire and Pocket Monster Ruby, but I've never seen an original cart for "魔戒3-不完美的世界", only Li Cheng releases

yy小龙虾

• Vast Fame
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 11:27:51 PM by yy小龙虾 »

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 10:13:12 AM »
Thank you. Do you know if Vast Fame ever released a cart with the hack of Devil Island where the main character uses a sword instead of a whip? I have only heard of Li Cheng carts of that release
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 10:05:09 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »

yy小龙虾

• Vast Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 12:43:22 PM »
I don't know what the VF original version is like. I bought a game named the Lord of the Rings 2, in which the character used a sword instead of a whip.The logo of the game is TD-Soft when it starts.
魔戒传说-指环王2:
http://i2.tiimg.com/632598/342961b8731dbdc6.jpg
http://i2.tiimg.com/632598/2b0919958fbeeda2.jpg
http://i2.tiimg.com/632598/323c42da634e3883.jpg

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 12:51:48 PM »
Thank you. Do you know what the boot logo is for "宠物小精灵-结金塔之王"? I've been saving pictures of all the Vast Fame boot logos I've seen, and have been adding them to their Bootleg Games Wiki page
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:55:14 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »

yy小龙虾

• Vast Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 10:00:40 PM »
Sorry, I don't have this cart.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 10:06:10 PM »
Ok. Thanks for responding. Out of curiosity, what other games did gangfeng release, and how did they release the? Did they bundle them with their game systems?

yy小龙虾

• Vast Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2021, 11:37:51 PM »
GangFeng released all the VF's GB/GBA games, and some common Japanese GB games.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 01:09:12 AM »
Thanks

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 04:30:56 PM »
Is the digimon game in your picture Digimon Pocket or Digimon Saphire? The sticker looks like the game shown on that Vast Fame multicart with Digimon Pocket, but if my memory serves me right that came on a black cartridge that said "New GB Color" at the top