Author Topic: Mulan (Unl) ROM - fully patched  (Read 7012 times)

Azathoth

• View Profile
Mulan (Unl) ROM - fully patched
« on: July 16, 2012, 02:40:51 PM »
So here's a dump of the unlicensed Sega Mega Drive action platformer Mulan based on the Disney cartoon. Plays a lot like Hercules 2 and you can tell it uses the same engine as Pocket Monster 1 and 2 also. Previous dumps were either partially patched or not patched at all and would usually crash at some point depending on your emulator. This one is fully patched for any emulator or flash cartridge.

LINK

DJ Shock made a really great cover in the printable covers thread for it if you own a loose cart.

djshok

• View Profile
Mulan (Unl) ROM - fully patched
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 12:53:02 PM »
This game is actually fun.  Definitely one of the better Genesis pirate games out there.  Thanks for dumping a working version of it.

Calypso76

• View Profile
Re: Mulan (Unl) ROM - fully patched
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 05:59:07 PM »
Old thread, but I'm looking at a video of this game and I'm starting to think the sprites are from some fighting game, most likely KOF. Think about it - Mulan has this weird idle animation that reminds me of fighting game sprites standing still. She also has a very small walk cycle (typical for fighters) plus sprites for attacking with her sword, that weird flutter thing she can do (don't know what they used for that) ones for climbing sideways and for climbing upwards (which is probably an edited uppercut)

These sprites are larger and very different from Hercules 2, wher Herc has no idle animation and all the enemies are from Aladdin/II. The question is what characters are these sprites edited off, if they are at all?...

guyzis

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 09:00:58 PM »
Not to mention the differing HUDs. Looking at Hua Mu Lan's HUD, i'm starting to think of Pocket Monster I's (Genesis) HUD.

AxelRage92

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 05:13:17 AM »
Is it only me for whom the download link doesn't work? I press download and just nothing happens.