Author Topic: Tian Cai Xiao Zi  (Read 2781 times)

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Tian Cai Xiao Zi
« on: October 19, 2020, 10:31:54 PM »
I remember hearing the name "Tian Cai Xiao Zi" used for some odd company that made hacks of Vast Fame games. Is this one of their games? For that matter, does anyone here know what games they released? I think Taizou dumped a couple of Li Cheng versions of their games

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Tian Cai Xiao Zi
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 08:21:23 PM »
I was poking around the internet and noticed something strange. I found a picture of what appears to be West Story's box, but at the top of the side of the box there is a character that is frequently seen at the top of what I believe are Tian Cai Xiao Zi games. I also noticed that yy小龙虾 once posted a picture of Vast Fame's Digimon Sapphire in a TCXZ cart. I don't believe we were ever able to confirm without any doubt that those two games were made by Vast Fame, and TCXZ was known to make hacks of Vast Fame games, but I think that they probably just rereleased some Vast Fame games in their own carts
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 05:55:18 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »

yy小龙虾

• Vast Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 11:55:04 PM »
Hi, 瓜瓜龍! I saw that you mentioned me in your post, so I registered an account to reply to you. Tian Cai Xiao Zi is a mysterious company because they not only developed some of their own gameboy games, but also released some Vast Fame games (maybe other companies as well). Let me talk about the game West Story(西游记). It once came on VF's multicart (8 in 1), according to the game 水浒神兽(2001) we can know that the cart is made after 2001, so I guess the West Story was probably developed by VF(like Gowin's Top Secret and Lost Trip)but distributed by TCXZ (perhaps VF sold the copyrights to other companies).And there are two pictures I scanned about this West Story game.  Thanks!
http://i1.fuimg.com/632598/bbedfd80af57172c.jpg
http://i1.fuimg.com/632598/ff147e51a45122d5.jpg
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:26:25 AM by yy小龙虾 »

dzd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 12:16:39 AM »
Hi, 瓜瓜龍! I saw that you mentioned me in your post, so I registered an account to reply to you. Tian Cai Xiao Zi is a mysterious company because they not only developed some of their own gameboy games, but also released some Vast Fame games (maybe other companies as well). Let me talk about the game West Story(西游记). It once came on VF's multicart (8 in 1), according to the game 水浒神兽(2001) we can know that the cart is made after 2001, so I guess the West Story was probably developed by VF(like Gowin's Top Secret and Lost Trip)but distributed by TCXZ (perhaps VF sold the copyrights to other companies).And there are two pictures I scanned about this West Story game.  Thanks!

你需要一个国外可以访问的图床啊,帮你上传了
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:30:13 AM by dzd »

dzd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 08:23:26 AM »
我们觉得西游记这个游戏应该单卡只有天才小子进行过发售,应该广誉科技没有发售过单卡。可能这些游戏和早期的瓜瓜龙游戏一样,可能是由广誉代工,但是是由天才小子进行单卡的制作和销售吧。在中国这边,天才小子的武侠类RPG游戏非常常见,但是至今为止,还没有一款天才小子原卡的游戏被破解导出。hhug那边发布的是永盛版的游戏,虽然游戏内容和天才小子版的是一样的,但是卡带的加密完全不一样。天才小子的加密目前还没有破解的信息。

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 10:53:57 PM »
Oh, cool. Thank you for responding. I noticed that on the back of that copy of West Story the circuit board is marked "VF001" which think Taizou mentioned seeing on his copy of Soul Falchion

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 06:40:14 PM »
@dzd

Do the 天才小子 cartridges with 广誉科技's games have the same copy protection that the 广誉科技 games in Taiwan have? If my understanding is correct, then cartridges made by 天才小子 that feature 广誉科技's games still boot with the logo V. Fame just like the cartridges from Taiwan

Also, after playing around with some setting on Taizou's emulator, I was able to view the boot logos of the games on Vast Fame's multicarts. West Story had a boot logo that said CRAZ... Do you know of any other games that use this?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 09:01:04 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »