Author Topic: A Correction on some KOF R2 Misinfo I posted a Long Time Ago  (Read 1284 times)

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
A Correction on some KOF R2 Misinfo I posted a Long Time Ago
« on: December 18, 2021, 08:42:33 PM »
A while back I made the claim that the King of Fighters R2 Engine was based off of the Beast Wars game by Takara because it seemed like games using that engine had some compatibility with Beast Wars in terms of save states. Specifically it was a raw dump of Dragon Ball Final Bout using BBD unlicensed copy protection mode in hhugboy that I did this testing on. Here is a save state I had made in Beast Wars that made me think this, this is a save the screen that appears before a fight in Beast Wars, which when loaded in Final Bout would cause a corrupted looking fight sequence to begin (which would then crash after the timer ticked down a bit). I no longer feel confident enough in these findings to keep that assertion on the wiki that KOF R2 uses Beast Wars engine, which is why I removed that from the wiki, but I figured I may as well post why I thought this to begin with. I'll include my save states, as well as the Final Bout ROM I used when testing this out. Sorry for jumping the gun on that one, my bad
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 08:53:15 PM by Ankos »