Author Topic: FamiNES Archive [v3.4]  (Read 5291 times)

FamiNES

• View Profile
FamiNES Archive [v3.4]
« on: September 20, 2020, 10:03:43 AM »
Here is the project I've been working on for the last few months, an update to the outdated GoodNES romset.

All roms have been re-tagged to a new naming convention including year and publisher or creator of each game to allow for simple sorting using batch (.bat) files. Only 1 .bat file has been currently added that removes all garbage files, simply place it into the main roms folder and run it and all bad, over, and old version roms will be sorted into a garbage folder.
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT TRY TO OPEN .BAT FILES IN A TEXT EDITOR. This will change how your system opens .bat files and it can be a PITA to change it back. In order to edit or create new batch files simply change the file extension to .txt to edit and back to .bat when you are finished. I will be working on new batch files for the next update.

There has also been around 1700 new roms added into the archive along with a text file with the names of all new roms included.

I'm not sure of the policy of rom sharing on this site so instead of linking directly to the file I'll be linking to the Internet Achive. Just search for FamiNES Archive roms and you will find it.
https://archive.org/

This is far from complete and just wanted to get it out there for any suggestions about what should be changed or added.
Feel free to contact me at FamiNESArchive@gmail.com or by posting to this thread.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 10:10:24 AM by FamiNES »

FamiNES

• View Profile
Re: FamiNES Archive [v3.4]
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 09:08:30 PM »
Update [v3.41]

Lots of tag changes and corrections
  FDS Roms have been added (927 Roms)
  Added tags for add-on devices (Zapper, Multitap, ect.)
  Added descriptions for trainers and some fixes
  Removed a few duplicates from .dat file
  .nes Files added (1664 Roms)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 09:11:02 PM by FamiNES »

FamiNES

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 12:30:54 PM »
Update FamiNES [v3.42]

Minor tag changes and corrections
  .nes files added (1624 roms)

FamiNES

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 10:32:26 PM »
Update FamiNES [v3.43]

Integrated Plug 'n Play romset
  .nes files added (1205 roms)
  Tags for existing roms in set updated

FamiNES

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 10:02:05 PM »
Update FamiNES [v3.44]

Added tags for duplicate roms [d.] this will help eliminate all [a] roms
  Lots of tag fixes and updates
  .nes added (2071 roms)

Since alot of people are asking I'm also posting the full archive.
  This is pre-sorted (mostly) and have also added the .bat file I've been working on (1Master Sort.dat), but some hacks still need to be added
  which is why some files are still in the main folder.

https://archive.org/details/fami-nes-archive-v-3.44

I also forgot to update some of the rom names, so 99 of the rom files in the update files will show as bad name with the .dat file

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 05:06:02 PM »
Consider dropping the "Front Far East Copier" tag. First of all, the spelling is "Front Fareast"; secondly, it's not a "copier", but merely the late 1980's/early 1990's floppy-disk-based equivalent of a flashcart, albeit one with limited mapper support that requires MMC1 and MMC3 games to be mapper-hacked; thirdly, the "Magic Card" and "Super Magic Card" (the actual names of the devices) would not know what to do with these iNES-headered-files; fourthly, most of the [hM02] mapper hacks originate from Front Fareast Magic Card floppy disks as well, so would have to bear said tag, too.

Just write [hM06] and [hM17] instead, respectively.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 05:09:42 PM by NewRisingSun »

FamiNES

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 07:39:26 AM »
After a bit of research, it turns out you were correct.  :) Archive updated.

Update FamiNES [v3.45]

Busy holidays, short update

Fixed tags for proper sorting
  added T+Por to sorting folders
  finished MasterSort.bat to complete sorting process and fixed a few errors

[Front Far East] Tag has been removed and sorted by the proper mapper hacks [hMxx]
      credits to: NewRisingSun

FamiNES

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 10:06:41 PM »
Wow! Been longer than I thought it was. Been busy with family, moving ect. ect. But I’m gonna be jumping back into this project soon. While unpacking I came across my old NES file archive and was wondering if anyone would be interested in having access? It’s around 40-50Gb of info and images, roms, mags, toys, okd excel DBs and backups of old websites and forums including all of the files from NintendoAge? If anyone would be interested or has an efficient way of sharing this database…reply or send a DM.

See you soon with a new update.

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2021, 01:33:02 PM »
I would say that the NintendoAge stuff is definitely worth posting. Don't know about the other content.