Author Topic: Samuri/Star Angel - a Hummer Team plug & play console  (Read 30261 times)

HummerTeam1001

• View Profile
    • http://famicloneblog.wordpress.com
Samuri/Star Angel - a Hummer Team plug & play console
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2016, 11:32:54 PM »
Yeah I sent an email too a while ago but never got a reply. I wasn't going to post this unless I didn't get a reply, which I didn't. :(

EDIT: I wonder if Hummer Simmer Team made any other games, since Seesaw wasn't on ZDog or Samuri. (unless I'm stupid and read the game lists incorrectly)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 09:04:43 AM by HummerTeam1001 »

HummerTeam1001

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2016, 12:21:23 PM »
Oh hey Seesaw has a bunch of uncompiled code.

...and it also has some HTML and maybe some JavaScript?????

I'll get working on saving all of it. Maybe there's something interesting.
I'm still working on separating the HTML and uncompiled source code, but the HTML don't seem to be anything interesting, or even Hummer Team related.  :(

You don't even have to separate out the HTML to get to it. You can just change the file type from .bin to .html. Most of the page will be garbage, since it is trying to load all the games code as a web page, but not all. The parts that are not garbage are the HTML, and as you can see it is just boring.

Everything (as far as I can tell) falls into these three categories:

1. Ads from Yahoo Taiwan.
2. Dead links that used to be to ads on Yahoo Taiwan.
3. Yahoo Taiwan copyrights from 2003.

Although this is pretty disappointing, I am really curious what the heck this is doing in a Hummer Team game.  :huh: Any ideas?

EDIT: There is also code for some Javascript calendar app thing called GregorianCalendar. It takes up the majority of the ROM. Seriously Hummer Team what were you doing?  :\

EDIT 2:

Hey also in the VT03dogA.bin file on VRT's website (which I am pretty sure is part of a prototype version of ZDog and therefore made by Hummer Team) at the very end of the ROM it has some debug stuff from the compiler:

Spoiler: click to toggle
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:33:29 PM by HummerTeam1001 »

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2016, 07:32:40 AM »
It sucks to go posting someone else's email address for the world to see.  Don't you folks get that there is a reason why these guys are so elusive / hard to talk to?  I will never forget one of the first guys I ever tried to chat with, ten years ago, and he said, "You don't work for Nintendo and want to sue me, do you?", and this was from an American company, not even one that infringed so badly on the copyrights.

With that said, Hummer_Team, did you send me the Mario 64 yet?  I still haven't heard anything from my folks about receiving a package from you.  Thanks.

HummerTeam1001

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2016, 09:07:40 AM »
I never would have posted that email if I thought anyone still used it. And even then, I only put it here because It shows that Hummer Team really was renamed Simmer Team, like on that paper.  :( (I erased that post though just in case)

And about the game, I sent it out a while ago and messaged you the tracking code. If you didn't receive the message I can send it to you again.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 09:11:29 AM by HummerTeam1001 »

Famulator

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2016, 04:20:40 PM »
Hummer_Team
Jul 8 2016, 09:07:40 AM
I never would have posted that email if I thought anyone still used it. And even then, I only put it here because It shows that Hummer Team really was renamed Simmer Team, like on that paper.  :( (I erased that post though just in case)[/quote]well it still isnt a good idea to go around and post some dudes email
even if its still in use or not thats like violation of privacy???

and considering the fact mr. cheng has worked in piracy for so long i think hed be a little suspicious of our emails, let alone any emails from other websites or countries, so he didnt answer. that and/or he has a life unlike us lol

HummerTeam1001

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2016, 05:41:53 PM »
Well to be fair that email is already on the internet in other places than that place.

Famulator

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2016, 07:20:22 PM »
the places ive located hummers email seem to be only for professional contact info back when simmer tech was still around. its also grouped with personal info.

even so i still wouldnt leak chengs email online. thats just uncouth. mlx didnt leak chengs email when he interviewed him, smart move on his part.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:23:57 PM by Famulator »

HummerTeam1001

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2016, 09:37:37 PM »
Ok I get it. That was a mistake. I hadn't thought of it as leaking anything because it was publicly released right on Hummer Team's game and thus I assumed that he was ok with it.

I now get that it was a really stupid thing to do now. Sorry I was stupid. :(

EDIT: the point of that post really wasn't the email. It was the Simmer Team thing, and the other stuff about the game. I also assumed the email was abandoned when I didn't get a reply (which was a pretty dumb thing to assume) and I didn't think it through when I wanted to talk about the game.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 09:55:40 PM by HummerTeam1001 »

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2016, 05:04:51 AM »
Famulator
Jul 8 2016, 07:20:22 PM
the places ive located hummers email seem to be only for professional contact info back when simmer tech was still around. its also grouped with personal info.

even so i still wouldnt leak chengs email online. thats just uncouth. mlx didnt leak chengs email when he interviewed him, smart move on his part.[/quote]It's not about keeping it for myself or something. He is a busy person with ups and downs. I'm quite curious why would you want to contact him on your part. To ask him what? We pretty much already asked everything we could already. There is just a handful of information we couldn't share because it was about real names of some other persons (that is obvious).

And I'm going to be an extreme ass but whatever: just… no…

If you want to ask him something and we think the question is interesting, we will gladly transfer the question to him.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 05:10:17 AM by MLX »

HummerTeam1001

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2016, 08:54:07 AM »
I'd was going to ask if Hummer Team made any other games.

Famulator

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2016, 03:41:34 PM »
MLX
Jul 9 2016, 05:04:51 AM
It's not about keeping it for myself or something. He is a busy person with ups and downs. I'm quite curious why would you want to contact him on your part. To ask him what? We pretty much already asked everything we could already. There is just a handful of information we couldn't share because it was about real names of some other persons (that is obvious).

And I'm going to be an extreme ass but whatever: just… no…

If you want to ask him something and we think the question is interesting, we will gladly transfer the question to him.[/quote]are you really expecting those exaggerated shitposts to be all that serious also those posts are like when i was extremely excited and didnt think twice about doin this shit.
but yknow you do have a point. i shouldnt have even shared i found his email online lol. and the stuff i was gonna ask him does seem like its already been answered in that interview. : \

i did want to ask him about if he had did any other game work for non-famicom consoles. i do like his music work, its actually what got me into chiptune stuff, i may have planned asking him something about that idk. maybe other stuff..i just wanted to meet and get to know one of my idols atsall...i didnt actually intend to impose any harm.

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2016, 02:21:32 AM »
I can think of a dozen reasons why someone might prefer to contact the person themselves, as opposed to as through a proxy party / intermediary.  Sorry, MLX, I can totally understand the reason why you would want to protect and discourage it, but as someone doing my own research, etc, asking you or anyone else to pass on questions just isn't the right way to go.

With that said, it is also very shitty to be posting someone's email address like that, especially if they were working to produce gray-area products.  It is an invasion of privacy, and now the poor man will be spammed with dozens and dozens of emails from rabid fans, and most likely no one will be able to contact the guy in the future, ultimately hurting everyone.

Let's leave emails private, and if we need to contact someone, we do the research and leave it at that.  Sound good?

Famulator

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2016, 02:35:46 AM »
i feel ashamed..even if i didnt explicitly post the email...i think i learned my lesson here?
hopefully not too many people saw the email address in the pic hummer_team had now deleted, but i sadly doubt that...
hummer_team was in the wrong for assuming mr cheng stopped using the email because he didnt get an exact instant reply, and i was in the wrong for blabbin to the whole dang world i had found the email.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 02:38:39 AM by Famulator »

HummerTeam1001

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2016, 09:01:56 AM »
Yeah. Sorry. :(

And it wasn't "instantly" after I sent it, it was weeks later. I still get that it was wrong and it was messed up.

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2016, 09:41:20 AM »
We will gladly try to ask him any question you guys have. It may takes a while to get a reply through (and some he won't answer). We're doing our best to please people. We could have kept everything private (something that way too many people do) and share nothing.
The PGC~BGW staff are really trying their best to share any info we get ahold of and we do not understand why you refuse telling the questions to a "middleman". Is it too "private"? Stalking? To keep the answer for yourself? We're not trying to have exclusivity to chat with him but, really?

To answer some question: yeah Hummer (Simmer) Technology did work on some other games between 99-200x but it seems they were mostly doing subwork for japanese devs, some were cancelled also (some Saturn port, which name I have forgotten). As you know they also worked on VT03 (proof of that is the VT03 documents showing Pink Jelly an the likes). Not much more.

Really, since this is such a closed domain, we really try to bring the lights on anything we can and we do not endorse the "keep it for myself~ourselves" thing.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 09:47:10 AM by MLX »