Author Topic: Tower of doom  (Read 3312 times)

Thai_Low

• View Profile
Tower of doom
« on: November 24, 2016, 10:09:13 AM »
Hey there everybody! so the other day I was looking through some nes folders I have kicking around and happened to find a game that really caught my eye. Now I know that multicarts don't have a back up battery to save games meaning that one of my all time favorites (Legend of Zelda) will never crack the famiclone multicart list  :(  but this game Tower of Doom really hits close to home with the Zelda look and feel. I have been able to get it up and running on both FCEU and NEStopia but sadly that graphics are all fuzzy and messed up :(  anything that you guys would suggest to get this guy up and running right? or is it just a crazy dream to be having thinking that somehow a Zelda type game could ever work on a famiclone multicart?
Hey again! so I just noticed that the noob in me posted this post into the Famicom/NES main forum when it was to be put in the Famicom/NES dumps part (That's my mistake) :S any who I should have gave more insight into this rom then what I had first posted. the rom was originally a .WXN file but I was able to get emulators to understand that is it an .NES file but like I stated before the game fires up fine its just the graphics are a mess of random pixles and numbers. I have been looking online everywhwere to see if maybe I can find an IPS, BPS, Xdelta or even a Boot patch for it but keep getting "Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom" stuff showing up in my searches :( is there a program or something that I can use to help fix this? on another note now that I am getting to know this forum better for posting stuff I was wondering if you guys would be interested in all the hacked roms that I have :) If so just let me know and I will put up a list of what I got and if yous would like them just let me know and I'll host those bad boys up here!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:35:03 PM by Thai_Low »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Tower of doom
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 05:09:06 PM »
These wxn games were designed to be played on a Subor console with built-in emulator that supports a weird Waixing proprietary format. I wrote a program to decrypt them and convert to .nes format but it doesn't work for every game (this being an example of one it didn't work on)

But anyway the game is a bad port of Tower of Doom for the Intellivision with hacked graphics and annoying music, so if you want to play it you might as well get an Intellivision emulator and play the original.

Thai_Low

• View Profile
Tower of doom
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 06:02:19 PM »
Well that's that then! :) thank you taizou!

dragon2snow

• View Profile
Tower of doom
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 12:35:39 PM »
this game is like mapper 165,165 working opening credits!

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
Tower of doom
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 02:42:09 PM »
Hey, i have Found it  :) , it is originally a intellivision game

Attachments:
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

guyzis

Re: Tower of doom
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 03:44:57 PM »
Are there any variants of this game? Just asking cause I remember having a rom of this but the hero wasn't some in a pink suit, he was actually a gray knight... hope this helps finding my rom

Blue Erazor

• New Gold K Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 04:38:28 PM »
I know this sounds crazy, but wasn't there a VT03 version of this game or something? I recall there actually being one on one of them bootleg Wii clones.
basically some english guy who likes bootlegs and hacks, what you see is what you get.

guyzis

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 06:02:59 AM »
Yeah AFAIK Waixing/Nice Code made some VT03 conversions of their own games, sometimes changing the theme entirely to make it like a new game or like, just adding in one shade. But I never could really emulate the VT03 games on my machine so I'm not entirely sure