Author Topic: Makon ID Numbers (WIP)  (Read 2510 times)

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Makon ID Numbers (WIP)
« on: May 08, 2020, 12:28:43 AM »
Recently, I have decided to start recording IDs for Makon Soft games. I've created a spreadsheet and a file full of pictures proving that the IDs I have provided are correct. I'll attach both to this post. In this spreadsheet two rows have been greyed out: Pokemon Gold 2 and Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Pokemon Gold 2 I greyed out for being an alternate version of Pokemon Adventure that may not even have a standalone cart release (I have not seen one). The Lord of the Rings game is greyed out since I cannot find any photos proving its existence. I also made cells containing IDs that appear to not be normal Makon Soft IDs lighter. Most of the pictures I have included are not ones I took, I'll also attach a text file that credits their owners.

If you have any photos depicting ID numbers for Makon games that I have not listed, then I would greatly appreciate it if you share them here
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 10:24:15 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Makon ID Numbers (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 08:45:30 PM »
I noticed that a couple of my games have IDs with similar styles to the ones I have been calling "Makon IDs", and figured I'd post a picture of those. One has a GA-NNN ID instead of a GANNN ID, while the other has the weird generic IDs that appear on stuff like Pokemon Adventure and Sonic 3D Blast 5. I am still going to include IDs that don't match Makon Stuff in my spreadsheet (if they appear on Makon games/manuals/boxes) but as I said earlier, their cells will be a lighter color.

What I consider to be proper Makon IDs are: GANNN style IDs, and GBC-NNN-USA style IDs. I may consider others if I can find enough instances of them being on Makon carts to warrant being called a Makon ID

I have noticed that the ID number for a Makon games Chinese version appears to be higher than the English version

I also noticed that the ID numbers go pretty high for Makon games, and just can't imagine there being over 100 games made by them, even considering the multiple languages
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 08:48:47 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 06:11:45 PM »
So, I was searching eBay and I found something pretty odd. "Pokemon Crystal Special Pikachu Edition" with the Makon ID GA097. I actually saw the art for this on a couple of multicarts, but they just had "Vietnamese Crystal" on them. The seller does not ship to the USA but for those who are curious here is the listing.

I don't know what this means, or if I should even put this in my Makon ID list. Maybe its a new game, or maybe the people who manufacture Makon carts have ties to the people who made "Vietnamese Crystal". Any info on what this is would be greatly appreciated

guyzis

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 06:21:22 PM »
That is news to me. And it comes on one of those black creepypasta carts! Where else does the seller ship? If it ships to, like, Germany as an example, one of our german friends (if any) can get it then ship it for you.

Edit: ok it ships to the UK, but i'm pretty sure many of us live in the UK. I wonder if taizou is there.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 06:22:58 PM by guyzis »

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 11:43:57 AM »
Ok, I just asked Taizou. GA097 is Vietnamese Crystal

"GA097 Pokemon Crystal is the "Vietnamese" translation AFAIK" was his quote
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:52:48 AM by 瓜瓜龍 »

guyzis

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 12:52:27 PM »
Odd, I didn't know that translation was made by Yong Yong.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 01:04:17 PM »
That does not necessarily confirm it was made by Makon, but it does confirm that whoever made what I call the official Makon carts, sold a cart with Vietnamese Crystal. Keep in mind, Waixing used to sell other companies games, despite having their own Gameboy games