Author Topic: Ankos' Games  (Read 10928 times)

Ankos

• Feel free to ask me anything via PM or Email
    • View Profile
Ankos' Games
« on: March 16, 2020, 09:30:34 PM »
I have decided to take down my Overdumps and to instead just post IPS files that will give you the ROMs in the correct size since 8MB files take up space. I'll include a readme that will tell you what you need to patch over. I'll also include a couple of IPS patches for Telefang that I posted on Tulunk Village but forgot to post here. If you want to post pre-patched ROMs for any of these games then I will not stop you
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 05:08:04 PM by Ankos »

guyzis

• I changed my flavor text!
    • View Profile
    • Bootleg Games Chat
Re: Over-dumps
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 11:06:30 PM »
WOAH! Congratulations! I wasn't expecting GBC final bout. Gotta remove the undumped tag from the wiki!

Ankos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 12:42:36 AM »
Thanks. It was pretty fortunate that Final Bout was built on the KOF R2 engine since that meant that it was compatible with KOF R2's save states in some situations. After messing around a bit more with save states, and observing the controls of the game, I have come to the conclusion that the KOF R2 engine is probably built on a modified version of Takara's Beast Wars game for the Gameboy Color. They both have a power meter which is charged by holding A and B, and if you load a Beast Wars save state for when the game is at its title screen on Final Bout, the title screen keeps some of its function. You can also use a Beast Wars save state from the character select menu to start a match in Final Bout. A couple of games on hhug seem to be using a different version of this. "Dragon Ball Z 3 2002 Fighting" and "Quan Ba Tian Xia" both give screens telling the player that they need a Gameboy Color to play the game. Also, the power meter in those games does not charge if you hold A and B.

Edit: Crossed out incorrect info
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 05:58:30 PM by Ankos »

dzd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 11:45:20 PM »
mr.呱呱龙,do you have discord Account? Can we add a friend?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 03:24:16 AM by dzd »

Ankos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 12:25:48 AM »
Sorry, I do not have a discord account at the moment. If I get one, I will let you know

guyzis

• View Profile
    • Bootleg Games Chat
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 01:15:54 AM »
瓜瓜龍, website?

dzd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 03:28:48 AM »
hey,呱呱龙,What other im tools do you use? I think I can learn from you and communicate with you. In addition, I cannot run the Final Bout you uploaded with hhugboy, nor can I read the save state. How did you run it on emulator,can you telk to me?thanks。

Ankos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 10:05:17 AM »
@guyzis Nope no website either

@dzd As far as tools go for dumping games, I just use Benn Venn's Joey Joebags which unfortunately was not made with these bootleg games in mind. As for how to run Final Bout, go into hhugboy and click on file, and then directories. This will tell you where the save state files are stored. Then place the Final Bout save state in that folder, and rename the save state and ROM files so that they have the same name (not including the extension). After that you should just be able to load the save state. If you are curious as to where the Final Bout save file came from, I actually got it from the King of Fighters R2. Those two games are the most similar when it comes to games using that engine, so their save states are more likely to be cross compatible with the two games

dzd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 03:47:34 AM »
mr.呱呱龙,Could you please dump the Final Bout again? Because I think the data is a little weird.

Ankos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 12:25:48 PM »
@dzd

I am pretty sure that the data in that ROM is working as it should be. The game uses a type of copy protection that is not yet cracked, so when you emulate it, it does not work perfectly

Also, since this is a SKOB game, use BBD unlicensed compatibility mode
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:31:54 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »

dzd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2020, 01:44:00 PM »
Thank you very much. I have finished the fix work.The game will be wrong in a few scenes, I thought the data is not complete caused crash, later found to be a programming problem.

Ankos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2020, 03:29:27 PM »
Cool. Will you release an IPS patch for the fixes you made? As I stated at the beginning of this thread, I do not know much about GBC programming

dzd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2020, 11:05:11 PM »
had been sent to your personal massage

guyzis

• View Profile
    • Bootleg Games Chat
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2020, 10:30:40 AM »
What about me?

guyzis

• View Profile
    • Bootleg Games Chat
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 09:26:13 AM »
The link he gave us is going to expire this night, so here I am.