Author Topic: What is a Polystation?  (Read 1474 times)

guyzis

What is a Polystation?
« on: December 29, 2019, 11:56:22 PM »
I've been googling around and well, something i stumpled across are multiple Polystation-labeled consoles that are actually DIFFERENT. Sometimes people mistake a PSOne famiclone for a Polystation (such as a Game Station or a One Station) but this is puzzling me. On the first image (polystation_with_logo.png) you can see the box of one of these. Notice the letter P encased in a rainbow circlet. The actual thing below the box doesn't have a rainbow circlet! It's actually blue. Probably made blue to save money costs, but that is no excuse to make the box rainbow and the console blue. Next image (polystation_without_logo.png) has another Polystation, but this one's logo has blue text on red. Very different from the "P" on the other one. Next. (polystation_yellow.png) Same thing except this one lacks some detail on the fake disk reader and the logo is now yellow. Hmm. The last but not least (PSone.png) is a box that has Playstation's logo instead of the Polystation's one. The controllers have no Polystation logo on them and the box also mimics the Nintendo 64's box design. Also notice that the box labels the thing as a PolyStation (with capital S), however the console says PSone.