Author Topic: "全彩中文" Cartridges  (Read 608 times)

瓜瓜龍

• View Profile
"全彩中文" Cartridges
« on: December 28, 2019, 09:57:07 PM »
Recently I saw a copy of my favorite unlicensed game, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, on Ruten in one of those cartridges that have the characters "全彩中文" (Full Color Chinese) on the side. (See this thread if you have never heard of these http://bootleg.games/BGC_Forum/index.php?topic=828.0). I was using a shipping agent to buy from Ruten because I do not live in Taiwan, and the agent notified me that the seller ran out the Chinese version of the game but could send me a Japanese copy. Since there is no Japanese version of this game I was a bit confused but went ahead with the purchase. I asked for a screenshot of the game but was told that because the game was going to be shipped straight from the manufacturer that I would not be able to see one. Due to how long ago cartridges that have the "全彩中文" label popped up I was under the impression that these stopped being produced a while ago.

Anyways, the game came in a pretty looking cartridge with a holographic sticker. The text is in simplified Chinese as opposed to traditional Chinese or Japanese. It does not display a custom logo upon booting up. I'll leave a picture of the cartridge as well as a gameplay screenshot of it. (The "全彩中文" version is on the left in both pictures).

Anyways let me know if you have had any experiences with these sorts of cartridges, or know when they started showing up.

dzd

• View Profile
Re: "全彩中文" Cartridges
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 04:10:27 AM »
The game was originally made by gowin's Beijing branch. There are two versions of the game, simplified and traditional. Some pirates in mainland China have pirated the simplified Chinese version of the game. In fact, simplified 卧虎藏龙 games are very common in mainland China.

瓜瓜龍

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 10:08:26 AM »
I knew that Gowin had a mainland China branch, but I always thought that they just made Gowin games in their regular cartridges. Also, the "全彩中文" has no custom logo or copy protection, which leads me to believe that this version was probably not released by Gowin

dzd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 10:22:06 AM »
Yes, there is a lot of piracy in this game, so it is not surprising that this 全彩中文 is a pirate card.