Author Topic: Windows 98 in English  (Read 149 times)

guyzis

• Shenzhen Nanjing fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Bootleg Games Chat
Windows 98 in English
« on: December 26, 2019, 10:11:12 AM »
In my previous translations (Yu Yu Hakusho and some Shenzhen Nanjing games), i failed because i couldn't figure out the format in what the texts were stored. So i picked up Beitongfang's Windows 98 and well, i discovered that the texts indeed ARE editable: they're stored in the CHR, so i just gotta grab my YY-CHR and go edit it.
Sorry for bad english, it's not my mother language!

guyzis

• Shenzhen Nanjing fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Bootleg Games Chat
Re: Windows 98 in English
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 01:38:45 PM »
I give up. Why? Because i just realized no one needs my work! For example, i'd like to have in Windows 98 the Date & Time Menu translated. What do i do? I google up "Windows 98 Date & Time", and it'll show me the results of the actual thing, translated! 100% legit. Furthermore, all the applications i know of (there might be one hidden, since i found leftover graphics from some game i don't know) don't work. The only Windows games i know of that have working programs are those based off Win2000, such as Educational Computer 2000 or SuborWin. But the graphics in those are compressed! And i can't edit'em. If you want so much to see what i've done before discontinuing this project. I only translated the Date and Time menu. And if you're on my friend list and want to see it so hard, you can PM me asking the rom.
Sorry for bad english, it's not my mother language!