Author Topic: Dendy-branded test cartridges  (Read 9444 times)

forgotusername

• View Profile
Dendy-branded test cartridges
« on: November 17, 2019, 10:49:00 PM »
I just watched a video that appeared on my YouTube homepage called "Russian Bootleg Nintendo Games" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB12ILnm5eM). I noticed two things about it; firstly, the guy playing used the Retron 5, making everything a glitchy mess...even though he has a Dendy and Micro Genius in the video. Great job. But more importantly, two of the cartridges shown were branded as "Dendy Junior" on the front, and are clearly test cartridges of some kind. One of them (seen at 7:08) has a handwritten label, and loads a screen with the Dendy elephant and says something along the lines of "Please connect your Dendy network adapter". The other cartridge (seen at 16:30) has no label, and loads a blank screen with Duck Hunt sounds (and flashing Duck Hunt's background covers whenever they appear). Has anyone ever seen these before, or know where they were used?

guyzis

Re: Dendy-branded test cartridges
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 11:03:39 AM »
I guess that's a buggy version of Duck Hunt, i think. Never saw that before, perhaps he's an ex-worker of Dendy? Sincerely i don't know.

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 07:57:29 PM »
Egoraptor’s given an update, and we’ve got something BIG. https://twitter.com/egoraptor/status/1199471388077121536?s=21

Apparently, the cartridge error was asking to connect to an *INTERNET* network adapter. On a FAMICOM. I figured it was just to connect some thing to test the console, but this is clearly much bigger than that. A new video on it is in the works right now.

guyzis

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 11:59:48 AM »
Is that dial-up internet modem you're referring to? Or a broadwidth internet one?

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 05:55:42 PM »
Alright, so...it’s fake. We were tricked. It’s all some bizarre advertising campaign for a Soviet-themed battle royale game, from my understanding. Which they’re still not outright admitting, but its pretty obvious... :(

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 06:19:13 PM »
Locked. Don't waste your time with pricks.