Author Topic: Project Plug 'n Play (new)  (Read 5588 times)

forgotusername

• View Profile
Re: Project Plug 'n Play (new)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 11:53:24 PM »
I'm glad the Atari Flashback is finally dumped. There are some idiots over at AtariAge who have been hoarding the rom for ages, and not posting it with the excuse of "the original 7800 games are better". That specific excuse really annoyed me, for some reason...

Here's some stuff I ripped from the MOGIS 246-in-1, which is still unemulated atm. This should be everything interesting on it, save for the "Where is Dad" VT03 game which I couldn't get working. Lots of the original copyright variants and games with the 2-player mode intact were hidden in there.

lancuster

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2020, 06:15:18 AM »
forgotusername, looks like you found my fixed version of Crystal Blast ROM, which I uploaded in 2016 and in which I restored flashing diamonds on the title page, copyrights, and carefully drew an open hatch to the plane in the place where the bombs fall out:
Crystal_Blast_(Unl).nes
Follow me on Patreon: https://patreon.com/lancuster

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2020, 12:38:46 PM »
In that case, I must remove that ROM, because user-made hacks or restorations that make guesses on what the original copyright or title screens looked like are not within the scope of Project Plug 'n Play. In this case, the "fix" is particularly unlikely because real POWER JOY copyright tags almost never have a year next to them.

csatech31

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 08:06:53 PM »
anyone have the roms for the konami collector's series arcade advanced plug n play console that was a joystick. 3 roms looking for: Frogger, TimePilot and Scramble

瓜瓜龍

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2020, 11:17:32 AM »
@csatech31

Do you mean that thing released by Majesco? That is not a bootleg, so this really is not a good place to ask about that.

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2020, 07:25:18 AM »
@csatech31

Do you mean that thing released by Majesco? That is not a bootleg, so this really is not a good place to ask about that.
actually the 3 games (Frogger, TimePilot and Scramble) were ported by jungletac.
the atari flashback 1 is also not a bootleg, but the games were made by a bootleg company.
Hacks based on Classics, since 2018

瓜瓜龍

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2020, 11:57:32 AM »
Oh. I have never heard of any bootleg/unlicensed games being recycled to be used in official commercial products. Best of luck finding those games, in that case.

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2020, 07:56:15 PM »
Here are most of the new VT09 games from the Lexibook 300-in-1 (like the 246-in-1, its not emulated yet afaik). The Cooking Mama ripoff is missing, but I believe everything else is here (including the excellent "100m Dash" featuring DICK and KUM). Also ripped the VT02 game Trounce.

And as a side note: there's CHR data in the Lexibook following one of the crappy shooting games (I can't remember what) with some space graphics and a font...but more importantly, a logo reading NESMAKER. Is this some sort of bootleg NES development tool? (There's a homebrew tool called NESmaker, but I'm pretty sure it came out after this plug & play did). Picture attached, with CHR modified so the logo is readable.

lancuster

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2020, 09:51:32 AM »
forgotusername, "Nes Maker" in this case is a ROM multicart creator.
And yet. This is a JungleTac games (except "Trounce").
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 01:34:02 PM by lancuster »

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2020, 12:09:36 PM »
Thank you, forgotusername. :)

NESMaker is a multicart creation utility that came in V.R. Technology's VTxx development kit. Somebody on the nesdev forum even updated it for the later VTxx machines. As you correctly point out, it is unrelated to the homebrew NESMAKER software.

lancuster

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2020, 04:55:41 AM »
Tried to run the ROM of Tank (FC)[h Initialization].nes on popular emulators under other mappers.
So, on mapper 4 (MMC3) the game freezes after pressing start button, but can work on mapper 11 (however, banks don't switch).

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2020, 07:49:11 AM »
Tried to run the ROM of Tank (FC)[h Initialization].nes on popular emulators under other mappers.
So, on mapper 4 (MMC3) the game freezes after pressing start button, but can work on mapper 11 (however, banks don't switch).
sadly, this fixing step won't make the game functional.
Here is an Alternative:
http://bootleg.games/BGC_Forum/index.php?topic=2605.msg20097#msg20097
Hacks based on Classics, since 2018