Author Topic: More insight about the Game Stick  (Read 2928 times)

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
More insight about the Game Stick
« on: April 09, 2011, 01:12:23 PM »
I saw the Game Stick article on your wiki. I wrote that for Wikipedia several years ago, when I got one of those for the first time. Just in case somebody cares, I thought I could give more information about these portable Famicoms:

- They come in several colors (yellow/blue, gray/blue and red/yellow).
- The name varies according to the country it is being sold. I know it's called 'Playervision' in Brazil, and that's even hinted in the 2 pages instruction booklet.
- The joystick itself has 'Players' written on it.
- The version sold in Argentina has the video output adapted to the PAL-N color system. The games, however, are NTSC. The conversion makes them run a little slower than the original (although this does not affect gameplay) and the video looks 'letterboxed'.
- Last year, I bought one of those for the last time (it broke a couple of months later, the manufacturing is REALLY cheap) and some of the games were changed. I don't recall the changes, though I saw that Circus Charlie was repeated like 2 or 3 times. The same goes for Crush Roller.
- The ROM included on the joystick was clearly made by the same people who made the "64-in-1 (No repeat)" multicart, as the title screen of both is the same. The 64-in-1 cart includes some games not included on the 76-in-1 loaded on the Game Stick, like City Connection and Ikki.