Author Topic: NT - is that even their name?  (Read 3053 times)

Barver

• View Profile
NT - is that even their name?
« on: April 09, 2011, 04:34:39 AM »
As the wiki says, and as has been discovered through findings of lots of cartridges for the Pirated Game Museum, it appears Carson/卡聖/Ka Sheng did all sorta of IDs, besides NT being GT, KT, PS, GT, PT and I can't remember what else. Clearly NT is just another one of the ID systems. So it seems more appropriate that they're not referred to as NT, since that's just as valid as calling them KT or whatever you pick.

I'm still wondering which came first, but it does seem possible by the dates on all these different ID carts that they may have used different ID types within the same year of using others, every year. Either way, unless I'm forgetting about some games they distributed actually crediting an "NT", it looks like it's time to forget about calling them NT and from here on referring to them by their real name, Ka Sheng. I mean, even their Genesis distributed games showed the Ka Sheng logo, nothing showing NT.

Let's fight, for change! :somari:

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 07:40:24 AM »
NT ID was used the most and probably the first ID for Carson. Also VT/KT contains a lot of obscure things and are often known for having wrong boards. And I think on the Hi Game version of Yuu Yuu, it's still credited NT but the ID is KT.

It seems it's something like that:
NT-600 - 1995 and 1996
NT-800 - 1997 and 1998
NT-300 - some are from 1997 (?) others are from 1998
NT-6000 - late 1997, 1998 and 1999 (?)
NT-8000 1998 and 1999
Those Hi Games and VT carts started to appear in 1998.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 01:23:04 PM »
I recall there being at least one Famicom game that actually does credit them on-screen as NT... ::looks:: Ah, yes-- Super Lion King 2!

I know there's another that also credits them as NT, but am still looking for that one.

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 01:39:36 PM »
Yuu Yuu Hakusho Final :p

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 02:45:37 PM »
yeah, i think if they ever had an official English name, NT was it, based on those games that credit them on-screen.. but Ka Sheng is far more common, so if you wanna rename the page go ahead.

incidentally i always thought VT might not be the same company, but i recently saw an earlier (95-96?) VT cart with the Ka Sheng logo on it, so I guess it is..

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 04:17:25 PM »
MLX
Apr 9 2011, 01:39:36 PM
Yuu Yuu Hakusho Final :p[/quote]I thought it was something YuuYuu-related! All the ROMs I was stumbling across were the Chinese versions with the Chinese copyright notice, though.