Author Topic: Suggestions for this forum  (Read 2468 times)

Brn89

• View Profile
Suggestions for this forum
« on: March 09, 2011, 08:35:44 AM »
I had these suggestions in my mind for a while and it's about time I let them out. The main thing I want to say is that I personally think the forum needs a new skin. This one seems iffy to me, especially with the large banner. I was thinking for the new skin to be similar to the layout seen in Bootleg Games Wiki. Another thing is that certain thread should be separated into pages, like 10 posts per page. It's a bit painful to read all 50 posts that are on the one page.

Just thought I'd bring this up, as I wanted to make this place a bit better :)
>>mindsConnected<<
The next-generation tech forum.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:53:49 AM »
I'd say the skin is a matter of opinion. Personally, I don't mind it myself and it works for the forum. I will say, however, that having 100 posts on one page is rather excessive. I think it should be changed to 10, or 20 at the most.

Brn89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 01:30:36 PM »
Well, maybe the skin could have some tweaks to it but we'll see what KingPepe thinks as he's the main boss here :P
>>mindsConnected<<

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 02:03:03 PM »
i'm not sure about the number of posts on a page. 100 is possibly too much, but too few posts isnt good either - makes it harder to find things within a thread, and you have to flick through a bunch of pages to read through the whole thing. 10 would definitely be too low for me. i'd say set it at 50, then you can always change it in your personal preferences if you want less/more.

as for the skin, i'll stay out of it, i'm not exactly neutral since i made it and all :D
i could always do an alternate title image for people who think the current one is too big. maybe based on a Wiii3 cart, theyre half the size ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:03:28 PM by taizou »

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 05:42:42 PM »
I just set the posts/page to 50. I never knew ZetaBoards had something like this. XP

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 04:22:00 AM »
One small thing that gets me is the Famicom section. I don't really see the need to have it split up into three different sub-forums because of the time periods, makes things a bit complicated. No other systems have it either, I guess FC is more special since it gets the most attention as far as disecting the who, what and where behind all of them, but it doesn't really need different sub-forums, I think.

Brn89

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 05:11:30 AM »
I was thinking the same thing, actually.
>>mindsConnected<<