Author Topic: Hi there PGC  (Read 2898 times)

Juan Manuel Harlock

• View Profile
Hi there PGC
« on: March 01, 2011, 02:42:02 PM »
Hey guys, I found your wiki a few days ago. I think it's really great to have a place for pirate gaming-related stuff. There's not much info about it over the net, and in my case as a Southamerican, pirated games are an important part of our gaming culture, past and present. I can even relate the appearance of some hacks due to tv shows aired in Latinamerica.

Nowadays, I'm trying to gather everything I can: carts, consoles, magazine ads, etc, released in this market. Famicom pirates and hacks are my favourites, as well as the first Famiclones around Río de la Plata. Hopefully, I have a friend doing the same in Argentina (I'm from Uruguay), so I'll have a couple of findings to share. As soon as I can I'll start uploading stuff to the wiki.

Well, I'm out of this class, I'll catch up with you later 8)

MLX

• View Profile
Hi there PGC
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 03:26:42 PM »
Welcome ! Hope you have some good informations to share :)

And show us your collection !

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Hi there PGC
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 03:49:58 PM »
Welcome to the PGC. :D

BTW, weren't Master System clones common across South America?

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Hi there PGC
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 03:57:56 PM »
hi! welcome to the forums/wiki :D

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi there PGC
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 04:51:47 PM »
Hey there. I would like to hear about the findings of video game piracy you have over there. :)

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
Hi there PGC
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 07:36:26 PM »
Hi, welcome aboard! Hope you like pirate video games here, on BootlegGames and on Youtube!

Juan Manuel Harlock

• View Profile
Hi there PGC
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 11:25:10 AM »
Cheetahmen
Mar 1 2011, 03:49:58 PM
BTW, weren't Master System clones common across South America?[/quote]As far as I know, every SMS console around here... is an oficially licensed product by Sega. There was a Brazilian company named Tectoy who manufactured and distributed consoles and carts for Southamerica.

I always recommend reading about these guys. The funny thing is they didn't accept orders from Sega Japan, so Tectoy unleashed its weirdness: SMSs with games on memory, SMS Super Compact, SMS Girl and tons of different bundle packs for SMS and Megadrive. They developed games too, and most of them are on the thiniest line I've ever seen between official and unlicensed/hacked games.

While Sega struggled in the rest of the world, Tectoy made a good profit from SMS, Megadrive and Sega products in general all through the 90s and 00s. I mean... they even had an office here in Uruguay in the early 90s...

On the other hand, I've seen pirated SMS carts, but that's really uncommon. A while ago I got a pirate of Lucky Dime Caper, my first one.

By the way, thank you all for your welcome <: Weekend's ahead so I expect to take some photos!

Brn89

• View Profile
Hi there PGC
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 08:20:46 AM »
Welcome to the PGC, Juan :)
>>mindsConnected<<
The next-generation tech forum.