Author Topic: Zetaboards moving to Tapatalk  (Read 12496 times)

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
Zetaboards moving to Tapatalk
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 04:47:18 PM »
No shit, according to Pingdom Tools, the Zetaboards version of this forum's index page is nearly 700K (which is a lot IMO, but still fine). The TT version, however, is nearing 2 fucking megabytes. TWO. FUCKING. MEGABYTES.

I mean, you fucking kidding me, for a platform that's basically mobile-first - and I am rate limited when on the phone - this sure looks like it'd eat my 500MB limit in about a day. Just no.

Brn89

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 10:42:55 AM »
Well, that's now another reason to avoid these bastards. I better bring this to the attention of the ZB community folk.
>>mindsConnected<<
The next-generation tech forum.

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2018, 02:47:01 PM »
If you do, don't make them delete their boards just yet.

Pretty please.

Brn89

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 02:57:04 PM »
Some of them have already done that and have moved their communities to other platforms since. Now, it's going to me much harder for those still in the process of doing it as IcyBoards, which had been a favourite by many, is set to close at the end of next month. To clarify, it's a platform that uses the MyBB software. Even so, most are moving to Jcink and I'll be going with them too. It has its familiarities with ZB but, is actually based on IPB and also lacks some of the features that ZB had for instance, multi-quote.

And I had announced that other complaint to them although, it may not be much of an issue if you access a TT forum via their app but I don't think that makes much of a difference. They're still money-grabbing unprofessional bastards anyway, and that is a fact my friend.
>>mindsConnected<<

Doomkid

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.ws/doomkid/
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 09:37:58 PM »
This is dreadful news.

I just have to clarify - Are these forums and all posts going to be archived somehow? There's so much info here from the pioneering era of learning about famicom bootlegs, it would be beyond awful to lose all of that due to this switch they're foisting upon us.. I know I haven't been properly active here for years now but I'm still an avid bootleg collector and find myself referencing pages on this forum in my searches and whatnot quite regularly. I know a ton of people would be devastated if the forum history was lost.

Just had to pipe up and ask - Sorry for the massive headache this has been/will probably continue to be for you, KingPepe.

Brn89

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2018, 02:37:53 AM »
One can use HTTrack to preserve this forum's history, from what I've heard.
>>mindsConnected<<

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2018, 12:55:13 PM »
I'm still looking into how to archive the forums at the moment. I definitely want to keep this forum up somewhere. At the moment, Wayback seems to have archived most of the forum but I'm not sure how much of it.

Brn89

• View Profile
Re: Zetaboards moving to Tapatalk
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 01:05:45 PM »
I know this hadn't been posted in a while but, I'd like to confirm that ZetaBoards has now completely absorbed into Tapatalk, as of September 27th although, it had already died as a service weeks before when the official support forum got converted (and then made into a read-only archive). Oh well, it's been a long run. I'll miss you, ZB. You were great, and a lot of fun. Especially when I first brought out that one forum with it.

And as you can see, this place has found a new home :)
>>mindsConnected<<

xcrazyboy92x

Re: Zetaboards moving to Tapatalk
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2018, 04:19:25 PM »
RIP Zetaboards

200X - 2018

Tapatak sucks ass